Does this look right to you?

KTManny

Just had my tires swapped but when the shop put it back together i noticed some friction on wheel spin on the front, after a visual inspection I found this:

19022758_10209290873210688_1349999887_o.jpg

Does that look right to you? did the shop put this together wrong?
Thanks!

Manny :cool:

isaac_

Are you able to put the front wheel on a stand? If so, loosen all the bolts and nuts. From the axle to the brake caliper. Spin the wheel and apply the brakes hard. Repeat a couple of times. After the last, while holding the brake... start tightening the bolts. The wheel should free spin for days. That's my procedure and works like a charm every time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maddog Reynolds

Looks the same as my 2015 European (UK) bike.

What about the other side?

And obvious question: what has been changed or disturbed since it was turning freely? Don't trust to luck if there's any stiffness in the bearings, because a stiff wheel bearing can sieze up quite suddenly.

Last edited:

green_bread

Country flag
Are you able to put the front wheel on a stand? If so, loosen all the bolts and nuts. From the axle to the brake caliper. Spin the wheel and apply the brakes hard. Repeat a couple of times. After the last, while holding the brake... start tightening the bolts. The wheel should free spin for days. That's my procedure and works like a charm every time :)

I concur with this. Give this a try and I bet it mostly (if not completely) clears up the issue.

Martin85

If u know how to check the wheel bearing is it still in good condition and caliper line up with disc,try to use the car jack and jack up the front wheel,do it Like Isaac said..And use a 400 sand paper sand the axel and bearing wall if scratch...Clean and lub it