Engine cutout

Jsunsaid

After having my RC for 6 months the engine occasionally stalls 1 to 2 mins after starting, only happens when at a stop and about to take off, the engine won't start for about a minute after. Has anyone had anything similar?

Treachery

Country flag
Well, sort of: I'll start the bike, let it idle while I'm putting on my gloves and closing the garage door. When I put it in gear (sidestand up), probably 2 out of 3 times, it'll cough and die-even before I start to let out the clutch. It's a little reluctant to start, but nothing like 1-2 minutes.

Jsunsaid

Thanks, good to know i'm not the only one. it happens at the worst times, normally at an intersection. getting it serviced in a week so will ask the dealer.

fs1ephil

I've noticed this to, but only if I don't allow the engine to warm up enough for the choke to disengage.
I now do what Treachery does but wait for at least three bars to show and it's not cut out since.
when it did cut out I'd have to give it a little throttle to restart but I think that was because the choke was still
on and so running rich. Let us no what your dealer says. :)

Manbeard

Haven't had the problem with the rc, but way back I used to ride a Husqvarna 610te supermotard and that did it often. But I was willing to accept that with that bike, as it did'nt have a sidestand(just lean it against a pole or wall), did'nt have proper lighting, no indicators, no ignition or key, no speedo....
This is a factory bike, and it shouldn't have these problems. I would have them check the valve clearance and timing/fueling at their expense (just an idea)...

Treachery

Country flag
I'm still having the issue I mentioned above, only at the first attempt to pull away. Last ride I took, I only let it idle a short while (had helmet and gloves already on), and it pulled away fine. This AM though, she was a beeotch to get going, engine dying as soon as it went into gear, sidestand up or down. I was trying to load it on the trailer, so to be fair, I hadn't let it "warm up" any to speak of, but there was swearing involved. Dealer informed (I'm at the first service).