Engine Light Stays On

Klythe

After leaving the bike on a trickle charger over the winter, I decided to take the bike out around the block since the weather is much better. For some reason, the Yellow Engine light seems to stay on no matter what. It's been like this for almost a week a now. I rode the bike for 15-20 minutes each time in the past three days. I tried checking all the leads that were connected to the battery, and everything looks okay. The dash doesn't mention anything as to the reason why the light is on. Unfortunately, I don't have access to any tools where I can diagnose the problem. Has anyone else had the same issue, and if so, how did you fix it? Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated!

John390

you need to read the code that is stored in the PCM. thats why there is a check engine light :)

anything we say is at best a raw guess. It can be on for various reasons, all related to different things.

You can get a KTM to OBD2 plug in adapter from a member. I forget his name, but its well made and cheap. This will come with a good quality Bluetooth to OBD2 adapter you pair with your phone or tablet.

Then you buy Torque for your phone/tablet. Again very cheap.

Set it up and read the codes, among many other awesome things.

Or, you take it to a good modern bike shop, or the KTM dealer

Falkon45

Country flag
Did you end up pulling off any fairing before placing things on the trickle charger? At least, the left side? There's a plug on a charcoal canister that might have been missed, and giving the CEL.