Engine mount torque specs

Treachery

Country flag
I searched, honest. I even tried to look it up in the CD service manual, but was unable to get that bahstid to work (see thread to this effect). Here's what was going on, and hopefully someone can post up the correct spec for the next person who searches:

I have mounted the T-Rex Racing frame sliders. These mount with two concave brackets that are held in place by the upper and lower front engine mounting points. The bottom OE screw is a "through" screw, with a hex on one end and a nut on the other. The top ones on each side are "dead-end," meaning they screw directly into threads in the engine. Those are not threads you want to strip out. The best info I could find says 50 Nm, or roughly 37 Ft. Lb. The T-Rex supplied top screws are not up to that spec. (I'm contacting them to this effect). The threads on the bottom left side are in the left side bracket, so those would be the "weak" spot on the bottom.

Anyway, I went with calibrated "snug," as I was completely uncomfortable with 37 with the kit screws. I figure I was something short of 30 on top and maybe a little more on the bottom. But​, if someone can be precise...thanks much.

reenmachine

Country flag
Is this what you need? It looks like you had the correct info.

What made you think the T-Rex bolts weren't up to spec? I used them, so I'm curious.

engine-mtng-torque.jpg

Fasteddy

Country flag
Interesting, I just checked my copy from the CD and same as reenmachine. I also notice mine is on page 113...

Fasteddy

Country flag
I would guess one of many errors in two different versions of the manual, Is there a date or publication number on your CD? I will see if I can find mine and check.

My CD:
Art.No. 3.206.215
09/2014

Last edited:

Treachery

Country flag
Funny (but not...). The upper screws are M8, no question. The bottom through-bolt is M10. The figures show some...variances.

As to the screws, the OE screw is a socket head with a 6mm hex drive. The T-Rex supplied screw is a flat head with a shallower 5mm drive. I could feel the bit starting to deform the head of the screw before I got to the torque spec. You may have had better luck than me. It appears they either need a harder screw OR a conical washer and a socket head screw for the top fittings. The screws themselves are certainly up to 35 Ft. Lbs, just not the heads.