Evap Cannister Delete

I did a bunch of searches, but It looks like the structure of the forum changed so links to old threads all break.... So, I tried.

But what is the lazy way to remove the stupid charcoal cannister? I left the line between the intake manifold and the solenoid and capped the solenoid, leaving it plugged in. Will that do?

rc-charcoal.jpg

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Cap the solenoid hose and run the vent lines for the fuel tank and radiator down and leave them vented to atmosphere. Do NOT join the vent lines. A few guys have ended up with hot coolant spraying at them through their fuel cap from doing this and the vent line down stream ending up getting kinked or plugged... so resist the temptation to join them and having a single line then running down to the belly for venting to atmosphere. Make SURE your fuel tank vent extends BELOW the header pipe... for obvious reasons. You don't want to accidently overfill the fuel, spill a little down the vent, have it hit the hot header, and do your best Colin Edwards impersonation...
Edwards.jpg

T
Cap the solenoid hose and run the vent lines for the fuel tank and radiator down and leave them vented to atmosphere. Do NOT join the vent lines. A few guys have ended up with hot coolant spraying at them through their fuel cap from doing this and the vent line down stream ending up getting kinked or plugged... so resist the temptation to join them and having a single line then running down to the belly for venting to atmosphere. Make SURE your fuel tank vent extends BELOW the header pipe... for obvious reasons. You don't want to accidently overfill the fuel, spill a little down the vent, have it hit the hot header, and do your best Colin Edwards impersonation...
View attachment 6959
Thanks! That reconfirms my suspicions. I was mostly worried about now getting a CEL with that little solenoid.