Exhaust and airfilter mod! Suggestions needed!

Zigoron

Hey guys, I own a 2017 RC390. I need your opinion/suggestions on the mods that I am planning on doing in a few months time.

1) Removing the dB Killer from the stock exhaust.

2) Getting a Leo Vince decat mid-pipe.

3) DNA air filter

4) Open air box lid mod from MNNTHBX.

5) Powertronics ECU and Dyno tuning.

So, what do you guys think?
Is this a good setup?
Will I get any power gains?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Chuditch

Hi there, I have a 2017 RC too. I don't know about your exhaust mods as the 2017 is different to 2015 I think you may find that there are a number of manufacturers that offer a direct swap for the stock exhaust, I just went with Ixil because they were a reasonable option. Any sports airfilter will increase intake airflow. You may find that MNNTHBX says that their mod kit for the airbox will not work for the 2017 model, that is what they told me. You can still do the mod with your own airbox, search the forums here... personally I would not bother.

If you do a search here on the forums you will find that a few options are available for the 2017 in the ECU power commander

Yes you will get gains, of course you will. I offer this though, a good ECU tweaking dyno tuner near where I live did a hack on the stock ecu and dynoed a STOCK 2015 RC390 and still raised HP from 37.1 to over 40 and increased overall torque by 4nM and more than 10nM down low, while bumping the rev limiter up another 500rpm. That's a stock bike. Larger gains will be found with Mods but I would be careful around any airbox or decat mods when a sports filter and slip on will still give your bike more room to breathe. Just my two cents.. I intend to do similar mods to yours but not cut the air box or any decat shenanigans. The main use for my bike is a street hack with a few days at the track.

Last edited:

hvlmike

Country flag
I just did these mods over the weekend. The Leo Vince mid pipe is worth it just for the weight savings alone...(the stock mid pipe with cat weighs a ton!)
I kept the stock muffler because my wife will be riding at Laguna Seca and they have a strict sound limit. But it's got a nice tone to it with this mod. I haven't got a chance to ride it yet...my wife took it to the track today though and she texted me at lunch sayng she was really happy with It.

Attachments

• IMG_20180311_163620416.jpg
    IMG_20180311_163620416.jpg
    704.4 KB · Views: 292