Exhausts again, but nice and harmless

LIORBN

Hi Friends

I bought a 2015 RC-390 for daily use (have MV Agusta Dragster for weekends)
But, for safety reasons, I want a louder exhausts, that will not braking the valves in terms of lack of "back pressure" or lean mixture
I love the under belly options (such as GPR ghost), or the GP style short exhausts (such as Mivv GP style) or the dual side exhausts of ixil (that i hears a scary stories about damaging the valves / heads of the motor)

Can you help me wich one is better in terms of keeping the back pressure ans the rich mixture, or do you have any other recomendation, without ECU issues

s-l225.jpg s-l225.jpg IXIL_Dual_Black_Underseat_Slip_on_Silencers__KTM_Duke_390_201315_16189.jpeg

Thank
Lior

CDN Duke

Country flag
The GPR Ghost has two DB killers, an internal top and a bottom one. Those can be used to 'tune' the backpressure. I'm running PCV mapped by KTM Peformance/Commonwealth aka cjwell to ensure I'm not running too lean.

Andy

Country flag
I've got a Spark GKT0103i actually for Duke but sounds brilliant, nice and fruity especially on the overrun, although I could do with a PCB/Autotune or Rapidbike module.
Photo 01-10-2016, 17 02 351~2.jpg

LIORBN

Thanks friends

CDN Duke I realy like the GPR Ghost design, it leave the tail very clean, but I read here, that the GPR Ghost is very bad, in terms of lack of power and tourqe, so i asume the motor back presure and mixture is suffer too, is that correct ??? (I dont want to make any ECU flash or modifications)

Lior

cornerslider

I have a 2016, with an Arrow "Street-Thunder" exhaust, PCV, and open airbox mod. I couldn't be happier!!! It's louder than stock, but not "piss-off-the-neighbors" loud. I do about 50/50 street/track. I was "agonizing" for months over which exhaust to buy. I know now, that I made the right choice (for me).thumb_IMG_0960_1024.jpg

Last edited:

CDN Duke

Country flag
Thanks friends

CDN Duke I realy like the GPR Ghost design, it leave the tail very clean, but I read here, that the GPR Ghost is very bad, in terms of lack of power and tourqe, so i asume the motor back presure and mixture is suffer too, is that correct ??? (I dont want to make any ECU flash or modifications)

Lior

hi Lior,

It's a very short exhaust and honestly, unless you plan to keep both db killers in to retain some back pressure, I wouldn't recommend it without a tune You will likely lose power without any fueling mods. It's well made, compact, and very light compared to stock. I like it, it's tidy etc. but without a tune, probably not the best choice.

Andrew

LIORBN

Thanks Andrew

So, what is the procedure for tuning the ECU ? is there any softwre update avaliable for that, and how can I update it ?

Also, what is your opinion about the MIVV GP ? it has a real front box instead of the original exhaust, and then the tail exhaust, so it seems to have the correct back pressure that the motor is need, is it ?

Lior

CDN Duke

Country flag
Lior,

You'll want to spend some time reading through more threads here. There is a KTM factory map commonly referred to as the 'Akra' map, that is flashed to your stock ECU when upgrading to the Akrapovic exhaust. Alternatively, you'd be looking at piggyback modules like the Power Commander 5 from forum vendor KTM Performance for example, or Bazzaz from MNNTHBX, the latter also carries the MIVV pipes.

El Trollo Mejor

Lior,

You'll want to spend some time reading through more threads here. There is a KTM factory map commonly referred to as the 'Akra' map, that is flashed to your stock ECU when upgrading to the Akrapovic exhaust. Alternatively, you'd be looking at piggyback modules like the Power Commander 5 from forum vendor KTM Performance for example, or Bazzaz from MNNTHBX, the latter also carries the MIVV pipes.

Aren't you supposed to do the Akra map for the closed loop / cruise-part throttle, then do the PCV for open loop full throttle tuning?

What exactly is the definitive best setup? Akra flash + PCV, PCV+autotune, bazzaz, something else?
I'm holding off on the exhaust until I know for sure i'm not gonna toast a valve like OP is worried about.

El Trollo Mejor

Hi Friends

I bought a 2015 RC-390 for daily use (have MV Agusta Dragster for weekends)
But, for safety reasons, I want a louder exhausts, that will not braking the valves in terms of lack of "back pressure" or lean mixture
I love the under belly options (such as GPR ghost), or the GP style short exhausts (such as Mivv GP style) or the dual side exhausts of ixil (that i hears a scary stories about damaging the valves / heads of the motor)

Can you help me wich one is better in terms of keeping the back pressure ans the rich mixture, or do you have any other recomendation, without ECU issues

View attachment 3278 View attachment 3279 View attachment 3280

Thank
Lior

Forgive the double post. I would NOT run any aftermarket exhaust until I know I can get the fueling on point. Long periods of excessive lean conditions are bad news.