First trackday + shift problem

demachina

Bike ran great but had consistent problem shifting to fifth. Thought I had clutch adjusted on tight side with a few mm of play but you could feel something in lever as it finally engaged.

Also noticed that pull is not as long with pazzo levers when they are set to anything but longest reach. I had it set at 4 out of 6, so maybe not pulling far enough.

Any advice on this?

**Also, speedo stopped working correctly after third session. Would register but way to low, like by half.

Thanks in advance,

d

m3hl

Country flag
Same issue with my aftermarket lever. I switched back to stock. Never drove it with the new lever, but that would be the first thing I check as its really easy. The sensor issue seems weird. maybe a spacing issue?

Andy

Country flag
I went back to the OE lever for clutch in the end. Clearance issue and clutch adjustment wasn’t good with the aftermarket item.

I had issues because the clutch cable on the engine side wasn't connected right. Everything worked fine once the bracket was installed correctly.

demachina

Hey thanks BM065, can you elaborate on what was connected wrong? I did take the engine side cable off once, maybe did it wrong.

I had issues because the clutch cable on the engine side wasn't connected right. Everything worked fine once the bracket was installed correctly.

demachina

I think the Pazzo lever is same as stock when it is in position 6 only, going to test that before I get rid of it.

I went back to the OE lever for clutch in the end. Clearance issue and clutch adjustment wasn’t good with the aftermarket item.

The locking nuts need to be around the pivot point. Mine were on the same side making the action very loose and unpredictable. 20171025_095427.jpg

demachina

Hey yeah!

Mine are next to each other but I am pretty sure it was like that from factory.
Will change and see how it works.

Thank you!!!

d

potasych

Country flag
The nuts should be on opposite sides. See these photos from the service manual. (and if I remember correctly mine came from the factory with nuts next to each other. Seems like a common assembly defect).
390clutch.jpg

Last edited: