Gearing.. of sorts

stevieboy

Country flag
Yep. Not new science. Go down in front or up in the back to raise top speed. Changes RPM and launch characteristics though.

Hypoint

I just never bothered to google this topic lmao. I've heard that going up one in the front, I'd have to have my speedo recalibrate? Is this true?

green_bread

Country flag
I just never bothered to google this topic lmao. I've heard that going up one in the front, I'd have to have my speedo recalibrate? Is this true?

Yes, any change of the gear ratio will cause your speedo to be off.

Yep. Not new science. Go down in front or up in the back to raise top speed. Changes RPM and launch characteristics though.

You've got that backward. Down in front/up in rear both lower top speed.

stevieboy

Country flag
Yes, any change of the gear ratio will cause your speedo to be off.

You've got that backward. Down in front/up in rear both lower top speed.

Right you are. Been awhile since I tried to break 70mph with my Aprilia RS50/70! Made it happen but had to get a good running start to get it off the line.

Fasteddy

Country flag
FWIW
The speed signal is derived from the ABS brake module and the signal from the wheel sensors, changing final drive ratio will have no effect on indicated speed accuracy.
Also there is a jumper that allows the wheel diameter to be adjusted but it did not seem too effective, there was a thread on it....

Hypoint

So only 100. I saw that it can remove the top speed limiter.. but wouldn't that be done with the PCV? Or would I have to add on the healer with it to keep me on point?

green_bread

Country flag
FWIW
The speed signal is derived from the ABS brake module and the signal from the wheel sensors, changing final drive ratio will have no effect on indicated speed accuracy.
Also there is a jumper that allows the wheel diameter to be adjusted but it did not seem too effective, there was a thread on it....

You know what? You're right. I'm sorry for giving out the wrong info Hypoint.