Getting signals for speed and rpm

EdL

I am trying to install a gear indicator with shift light which is much bigger and easier to see than the stock dash.
I have removed ABS so I do not have the front speed sensor anymore, however, I did keep the rear speed sensor since Bazzaz needs it. The rear speed sensor has 2 wires, and it plugs into Bazzaz inline speed amplifier which has 3 wires. Does anyone know which wire is best for getting the speed signal?
How about rpm signal? Which wire is best for tapping that?

Thanks!

isaac_

I am trying to install a gear indicator with shift light which is much bigger and easier to see than the stock dash.
I have removed ABS so I do not have the front speed sensor anymore, however, I did keep the rear speed sensor since Bazzaz needs it. The rear speed sensor has 2 wires, and it plugs into Bazzaz inline speed amplifier which has 3 wires. Does anyone know which wire is best for getting the speed signal?
How about rpm signal? Which wire is best for tapping that?

Thanks!

Would help knowing which brand tach you are trying to install. But for rpms I've connected to the coils (on my other bikes). You should be able to do the same I would think. Some require you to wrap a wire around the wire leading to the spark plug.