Greetings from the fabulous Texas Hill Country

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
Hi, all. My name is Reid, and I live in Hunt, Texas, a rugged rural area northwest of San Antonio known for having the best riding roads in Texas.

I've been riding street bikes for over 40 years,but this bike (2016 RC390) will be my entree to track riding. My bike stable presentlyhouses a Ducati Diavel, a 1290 super Duke R, and a BMW R1150R Rocktser. The Diavel will be sold soon to make room (in the garage and the budget) forthe RC390.

I'llprobably have the usual questions - whatever they may be - and I pledge to tryto search first before blurting out stuff you've all heard a thousand timesalready.

I do ALL of my own mechanical work, so I dobring some experience. I hope that as I learn about the RC390 I will beable to contribute in some useful ways. I'll certainly be a sponge for awhile, and I'll try not to stink up the place too badly.

Last edited:

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
I imagine I'll do a day there eventually, but, DANG! it is expensive. I saw Ridesmart Texas quoting $459 for one day in May.

ReidMcT

Premium Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Country flag
Hey brother, I'm just down the road from you. If you want, we can get you set up at Harris Hill in San Marcos.

Weather permitting, I will be attending the next 'How We Roll' initiation session at Harris Hill, on Feb 2. Barring unforseen troubles, I expect I'll then be starting my membership there.

You won't regret it. Our little bikes are the best of the short and technical stuff, so H2R is a great track to max out the RC. I look forward to seeing you up there. There's only a handful of Rc390s that run around there so I'm sure we'll run into each other.