Heat issue in new RC390 and low gearproblem

Dr. Shah

Hi I just got myself a new RC390 year 2018. Since the last 2 week of using it I notice the heat issue where the temperature rise up to the barrier at H in traffic even though just short distance. But for smooth traffic like highway I don't have such problem.
2) When ride the bike in first ,second and third in low speed event at 30km the bike going to die and have hick up. So have to use lot of clutch to make sure it don't die and lot of vibration.
I asked the shop about those problem and they said is normal but I don't have such problem with my Japanese bike. Is this normal for RC390 or european bike?.
Thank you all for reading and hopefully got feedback to clear those issue.

John390

the tempurature will come up to the top of the first set of bars, but not into the second set of bars. this is "normal" the fan will come on and it will cool it off. I also have a 2018. I think a more efficient radiator is a good idea but the stock one does work.

the second part is definitely more annoying. The problem is that the engine is tuned VERY lean from the factory to meet Euro IV emissions specs. it will get a bit better as you put more km on it as the ECU will learn the fuel trims a bit, but it won't fully fix it. The ECU needs a performance flash, or a piggyback ECU put on it. This will richen the fuel mixture up a bit.

I got a Rapidbike Evo. For the money it seems to be the one that can do the most. Its fully auto tuning, so you just install it and then as you ride, it will tune the fuel mixtures automatically. it can take a little while for it to get the map fully sorted out. For this reason, I tuned the map a little bit ahead of time and then, my bike was better as soon as I started it up.

this bike will want more rpm than some other bikes. its a high compression single and its designed for racing. keep the revs up and it is not so annoying and is smoother.