How to replace the back brake pedal on a 2015 KTM RC 390?

AidanS

Hi everyone,

I recently started riding and unfortunately had my bike slide at a slow speed. The incident was enough to bend the brake pedal, to the point that the pedal actually touches the bottom frame, not allowing any back brake to take place. I've been struggling to find information on how to replace the pedal, so any help would be much appreciated.

PS: I've read you can bend the pedal back into place with the use of a vice as a temporary fix? Is that any good?

Thanks to all

Aidan

green_bread

Country flag
You can try bending it, but it will probably break when you try to bend it back. To replace the pedal, it's 1 bolt, a couple springs, and a cotter pin if I remember correctly. If you look at the things that are hooked to it, should be pretty obvious

AidanS

You can try bending it, but it will probably break when you try to bend it back. To replace the pedal, it's 1 bolt, a couple springs, and a cotter pin if I remember correctly. If you look at the things that are hooked to it, should be pretty obvious

I got to removing the cotter pin and the spring. The issue for me is the bolt, do you I need an allen wrench? And you just remove it from the front portion or do you have to reach behind it?

Thanks for your patience, all of this is still pretty new to me

AidanS

No worries, man. We all start somewhere and this forum is here to help people out! :)

It should just be a bolt that goes through a couple of bearings and threads in to the rearset bracket. You will need an allen wrench to remove the bolt. I think its a 5 or 6, but I cant remember off the top of my head. This diagram should help you to see how things go together:

https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/2015-ktm-rc-390-white-abs-b-d/o/m156775#sch896532

You legend, I’ll give it a try later today. Appreciate it

AidanS

I haven't quite gotten around to it, I'll probably have some time later today. I just got an Allen wrench off a mate, so I should be able to get the bolt off.

I'll let you know, cheers

AidanS

How'd it go? Did you get it replaced?

The new part arrived today and I was able to successfully replace it. Only thing that doesn't seem quite right is the sitting position of the brake lever after it's pressed?

When I press the lever down to brake it doesn't reset back to a neutral position, such that it seems the brakes remain 'braking'. Did I miss something or does something need to be adjusted?

Many thanks again

AidanS

How'd it go? Did you get it replaced? ��

Just figured it out, I’m up and running again ;)
Turns out the bolt of rubber compressor thing (don’t know the name of the part) was sticking out more than it should from the rubber, not giving it that flick back into neutral position. Cheers for your time mate! Have a great one!