Impromptu ride

Kootenanny

So, met up with 2 other forum members for an impromptu ride today. It was the RC390 Club Ride! (You gotta understand, out here in rural BC it's not like there are a ton of these bikes...we figure we represented 3 of the 4 R390s in the whole area).

We had a good ride--lots of fun and zero incidents, We did have to put up with a lone Daytona 675 rider in the group ;) (actually, following him through the canyon sections, hearing that wail when he opened 'er up...:cool: )20170611_111754_resized.jpg

CDN Duke

Country flag
So, met up with 2 other forum members for an impromptu ride today. It was the RC390 Club Ride! (You gotta understand, out here in rural BC it's not like there are a ton of these bikes...we figure we represented 3 of the 4 R390s in the whole area).

We had a good ride--lots of fun and zero incidents, We did have to put up with a lone Daytona 675 rider in the group ;) (actually, following him through the canyon sections, hearing that wail when he opened 'er up...:cool: )

Nice! I assume bkruk and who else?

bkruk

Was a good time Kootenanny and can't wait to do it again..........yeah that Triumph guy was kind of cramping our style but what are you gonna do hahahha

kaede

Where are these rides happening around? xD If it ain't too far from the lower mainland I would love to meet the rest of you guys!!

Kootenanny

Take you about 6 - 7 hours straight riding time to get here. Photo taken in Winlaw, in the Slocan Valley. Both bkruk and I are on this site's "member map."

kaede

Damn, totally forgot about the Members Map thingy. You guys are a tad bit too far for me to ride out in a day or two xD... Have not gone on long distances riding on the RC yet, don't really plan on doing so. Have a lot of fun guys Q____Q||| absolutely missing out on some great roads in interior BC.

Kootenanny

Distance shouldn't be a problem (I hope, as I intend to do some longer rides). But yeah, if you're gonna come out here, make it for several days; hell, although you can get here in one (longish) day, it's more fun to take two days and run the scenic route over Duffy Lake Road, then through Kamloops and Vernon, and onto Hwy 6 via Nakusp and down. Or, the Cascades Hwy in Washington State (Hwy 20 from Concrete to Winthrop)--I've done it in a single day from Abbotsford, but it's a long day.

The Kootenays are a worthwhile visit on a bike:

1.jpg

rompus

So did you have any trouble keeping up with the 675 in the twisties? I am sure you couldn't keep up on the straights.

Kootenanny

So did you have any trouble keeping up with the 675 in the twisties? I am sure you couldn't keep up on the straights.
No problem at all. I was riding directly behind the 675 a fair bit, and kept up just fine.

Of course, it's not a race... :p