K-Tech Shock and cartridges

motoputz

Country flag
Anyone here have some feed back on K-Tech suspension components? I have a local shop that specializes in motorcycle suspension upgrades and tuning. They have done good work for me in the past. When I asked them about my RC-390 they recommended K-tech shock and fork cartridges. I have no product knowledge of K-tech, used Penske and Olhins in the past, and was just looking for some other's experience with K-Tech stuff.

=maz=

Country flag
Anyone here have some feed back on K-Tech suspension components? I have a local shop that specializes in motorcycle suspension upgrades and tuning. They have done good work for me in the past. When I asked them about my RC-390 they recommended K-tech shock and fork cartridges. I have no product knowledge of K-tech, used Penske and Olhins in the past, and was just looking for some other's experience with K-Tech stuff.

In the first Club Day at my local racing-club, the 2 RC390's that dominated the field in both races were fitted with K-Tech fully adjustable rear shocks...not sure if its the shock tho. :)

tt2013

All of the brands mentioned is way better than stock. On my bike, I have the Andreani fork cartridge kit and Ohlins rear shock (KT303) and it transformed the bike. For anyone on a budget, I would recommend upgrading the rear first.

motoputz

Country flag
I picked the shock up on Monday and dropped off the forks to be fitted with the Andreani fork cartridge kit. K-Tech does not make a fork kit for the RC-390. They did not think they could get the price down low enough to competitive with other kits on the market. There was some confusion on the part of my shop as to whether K-Tech was going to make the kit. I should get the forks back today or tomorrow and then have everything screwed back together on Saturday.

motoputz

Country flag
Took the bike with the new suspension components to Laguna Seca on Wednesday. 13 April. The bike handled great with the biggest limiting factor being me. I rode it with the recommended settings from K-tech and Andreani for three sessions and thought everything was great. Then I took it to Dave Moss right before lunch and he said nothing was working right, not enough travel in the forks and no free sag in the shock. So he reset front and rear sag, compression and rebound on both ends and told me to drop the front about 3mm. If I liked how it handled after the 3mm drop then drop it another 3mm. There was not a big change in the way it handled but I did touch my toes and pegs down in a couple of corners after all of the adjustments. At the end of the day Dave recommended less fork oil or lighter weight oil to get the fork travel back to where it should be.

FRONT-LEFT.jpgREAR-BALL.jpg

micahpearlman

Took the bike with the new suspension components to Laguna Seca on Wednesday. 13 April. The bike handled great with the biggest limiting factor being me. I rode it with the recommended settings from K-tech and Andreani for three sessions and thought everything was great. Then I took it to Dave Moss right before lunch and he said nothing was working right, not enough travel in the forks and no free sag in the shock. So he reset front and rear sag, compression and rebound on both ends and told me to drop the front about 3mm. If I liked how it handled after the 3mm drop then drop it another 3mm. There was not a big change in the way it handled but I did touch my toes and pegs down in a couple of corners after all of the adjustments. At the end of the day Dave recommended less fork oil or lighter weight oil to get the fork travel back to where it should be.

View attachment 2421View attachment 2422

Mine, with the GP Tech cartridges, is very sensitive to fork oil level and how much it goes through the travel. Also, realize true bottom is, don't quote me, but around 50-55mm from the bottom of the fork leg so you may be getting more travel then you think.