Treachery

Country flag
From SuperbikePlanet

Hard for me to get too worked up about this. KTM took so long to get the RC8 to market that the "superbike V-Twin" wave had long since passed. Add to that high prices, limited availability and even more limited support, and it's no wonder I'd forgotten they were racing at all. Here's to supporting the RC390!

Last edited:

Hekimpd

From SuperbikePlanet

Hard for me to get too worked up about this. KTM took so long to get the RC8 to market that the "superbike V-Twin" wave had long since passed. Add to that high prices, limited availability and even more limited support, and it's no wonder I'd forgotten they were racing at all. Here's to supporting the RC390!

Dripping with sarcasm?

Treachery

Country flag
Yeah, sorry if I was unclear. The RC8 was announced as a concept in 2004. It took four years to make it to market, longer than that for a race version (RC8 R) to be introduced. I don't know how long after that before there was a viable race effort, but AFAIK, it was never that competitive. Meanwhile the RC51 went away, and Ducati went through various versions in WSB. I just had high hopes for the original RC8, but they never really came through.

's okay, at least for now, I'm over big bikes.