KTM RC390 with Upgrades Located in Southern California

tt2013

[FONT=&quot]Hello. I am selling a 2015 KTM RC 390 for $7,000 (Price Drop from $7,200)[/FONT]

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/5819472743.html

[FONT=&quot]2015 KTM RC 390 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Miles: 1,300 miles [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Condition: Very Good[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Title: Clear (Not Salvage), Pink slip on-hand[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Upgrades: Total Cost - $2731[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Andreani Fork Cartridge Kit - $575[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Andreani Fork Cartridge Kit Install - $450[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ohlins KT-303 Rear Shock - $750[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]RG Bar Ends - $50[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]RG Fender Eliminator - $133[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]RG Tank Pads - $48[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Adjustable Rearsets - $130[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Clip On -$80[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]G2 Quick Throttle -$80[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Adjustable Levers - $25 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fork Sliders $30 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]EBC HH Brake Pads - $35[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1.6 Radiator Cap: $26 ($19 part + $7 shipping cost)
[/FONT]SPAL Fan (not installed) - $50
[FONT=&quot]Tires: Tires: Dunlop Sportmax Alpha 13 or A13. Only 100+ miles on tires. $309 = $269 tires shipped +40 for mounting and balancing[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]These are the same tires used in the Motoamerica KTM RC 390 race series.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Recent oil change.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Reason for Selling: Nothing wrong with my bike. My son was born about 4 months ago and I have no time to ride the bike. This is probably the best handling bike I have owned. I hate to sell it, but I hate to see the bike just sitting in my garage.[/FONT]

Attachments

• IMG_4659.JPG
    IMG_4659.JPG
    226.6 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_4658.JPG
    IMG_4658.JPG
    315.9 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_4666.JPG
    IMG_4666.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_4662.JPG
    IMG_4662.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_4663.JPG
    IMG_4663.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_4667.JPG
    IMG_4667.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_4669.JPG
    IMG_4669.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 182

tt2013

Can I get the forum's opinion on what do you think my RC390 is worth? I also have my bike posted on Craigslist and I got a few nibbles, but no bite. I appreciate your input. Thanks.

MrGrody

IMHO $5 to 5,500...
I'd also say $5k. Upgrade a motorcycle all you want for yourself. But when selling private party those things don't add up.

SoCal dealers have rc390s 1 year old with no miles for just under $5k. Just as a reference point. I know this isn't including dealer crap fees but if my choice was $7k upfront for a motorcycle from a private seller or $80/month from a dealer for a new one. $7k sounds steep

zaster

Country flag
The sad thing about a bike's resale value is that it drops like a rock once you get it off the lot.
To make matters worse, you only recoup a small portion of the upgrade cost.
You might have better luck in the lower $6K area.

TennisFreak

Personally I think you will have a hard time finding anyone willing to give $5k for it.

The market is just so incredibly small for this type of bike and then the KTM on top of it.

Most people who track bikes can get amazing deals on track only bikes where titles, registration, being street legal, etc are not an issue.
For example I'm buying a Yamaha YZF600R in amazing condition for $1800. Its setup for track only and has no title but a VIN check shows its not stolen.

Then the people buying for street use, which limits the target audience even more for a bike like this, dont want to pay all that extra cash for a bike upgraded like this.
They will go straight to NADA and see what avg retail is and then try to get it for that or cheaper.
If they cannot, then they will just go buy a brand new one.

I've been trying to sell my RC390 with 600 miles and I cannot even get anyone to bite at $4k. Track guys just say they can get a track only bike cheaper and road guys just go buy brand new or try to talk me down even more.

xplodee

Send me some of the parts. India is awesome in KTM market [emoji7][emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kayabusa

Country flag
I'm looking for one right now in South Florida, 2015 demo bike with 60 miles under $4k.
Cup bike brand new $8k
Upgrades ? I don't want them. I will go in a complete different direction If I have to choose upgrades.

cornerslider

IMHO..... If the valves have been checked @ 600 miles, and you can PROVE it- I'd say $6000 to $6500. Nice upgrades, I've done most of those same upgrades (and then some)..... As much as I hate to say it, you may get more out of it selling it "stock", and sell the aftermarket stuff on EBay. I did that with a different bike, and made out HUGE compared to selling it "as is"..... Just my humble opinion-

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tt2013

Hello. Sorry for the late response. The bike actually sold for $6,200 to gentleman who had the same intentions as me. I wanted to do more track days and one day race, but I never got the chance. If you have any question about the bike or the upgrades please send me a message. I did a lot of research when I had the bike.