Low beam mystery

Ango1

Hello all, this is my first post and am very grateful for any knowledge that you can pass on!

About 3 weeks ago I noticed my low beam headlight stopped working but I didn't worry about it too much until now. I bought a new headlight thinking that for some reason the stock one went out, didn't work.
The next step I did was see if anyone else had this problem and found a post on the duke forum (https://www.ktmduke390forum.com/forum/issues-troubleshooting/13289-low-beam-not-working-fixed.html) but sadly this didn't help either.
I don't think its the fuse because all of the signals, horn, and high beam all work.

I would like to do this without going to a dealer and having them figure it out so if anyone has any advice for me I am more than willing to listen.

Thanks in advance!

John390

put a test light on the connector, using some pins or something to get contact with the pins.

if it lights up, you got a bad bulb. if not, you need to keep going.

If you keep going, put the test light on the power wire and the other end to the negative terminal. If it lights you have a bad ground. if it doesn't, put the tip on the ground wire and the other end of the test light on the battery positive terminal. If it lights, you have a bad power wire.

From there, just trace the bad wire back until you find the break, short etc.