Need Help deciding Colors for my RC390's Race Fairings!

Wally

Hello, I am trying to figure out what color scheme to go with for my race fairings.
I've got a theme in mind, and i'm torn between two colors, a baby blue-ish color,
or a turquoise color. My theme's Gulf Oil livery. I think it would match very well with the frame of the bike.

So which color should I go with?
gulf2.jpgGulf1.jpg

Wally

That's a pretty good idea, matte/satin the turquoise and maybe gloss the orange and black?

4racing

Country flag
yes i think that would look good
the black you are talking about is it in between the orange and blue?
if so from memory is dark navy blue on gulf replica paint jobs not black

RedWinter

Not to derail this but quick question!?

Do you plan to paint yourself or take to a shop?

For those who do their own paint jobs on track fairings is it usually via paint gun or rattle can? Shopping for track fairings but not prepared to pay someone to paint them and do not have the resources to get a paint gun.

The blue will look rad against the orange.

Wally

Not to derail this but quick question!?

Do you plan to paint yourself or take to a shop?

For those who do their own paint jobs on track fairings is it usually via paint gun or rattle can? Shopping for track fairings but not prepared to pay someone to paint them and do not have the resources to get a paint gun.

The blue will look rad against the orange.

I attempted to paint it myself with a paint gun, mostly to learn how to automotive paint. My friends I race with will either rattle can their race fairings, or pay someone to get it done at a shop. It really depends on how much you care about the look of your fairings, vs the fact you know they're going to get thrashed if you race with them. I totally jacked up the paint when I attempted to paint my fairings, so now I'm going to just pay someone to fix my mess ups. I'm going to watch them paint it to learn how a pro does it and to see if I can figure out where/how I messed up. As far as Rattle can jobs go, they can look pretty good if you know what you're doing with them, but I don't think they'll be as tough as what you'd get from a gun from what I understand about paints though.

Wally

yes i think that would look good
the black you are talking about is it in between the orange and blue?
if so from memory is dark navy blue on gulf replica paint jobs not black

I am planning to have the black between the orange and blue. From what I can tell from pictures, Gulf replicas have black or Dark blue. The only way for sure would be to see an official Gulf race car in person, which I haven't seen before.

woodshed18

If anyone is interested, here is my race bike painted just in black.
This was painted by a mate (aircraft painter by trade) on some rough race fairings. I vinyl wrapped the numberboards with help from my flat mate and a hair dryer. I intend on adding more of the blue with the odd sticker here and there.

Rattle can jobs can look just as nice, as long as you take your time and add plenty of coats. Be aware, will stone chip easy.

1e0e327b8fad489ba5bb862d47daab4c.jpg
efecefff6f7727a6c8d59dba8a3f5b8d.jpg
e16474ff8b00690a498df38c6b9f4f6b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk