New Rc!

Seth

Country flag
Rc390.jpg

Hi All,

Took delivery this weekend 5/15/15

Rented a U-haul motorcycle trailer.. Super easy to transport the bike, thank you U-Haul.

Note: If you don't want to ride your new rc from the dealer then get a trailer and a Canyon Dancer kit. Search Canyon Dancer, it makes you transport super easy.

The RC will remain in the garage until Wednesday, when I have time to go to the DMV to get registration.

Looking forward to this spring/summer group rides!

Thanks!

Seth

Vancouver WA

Treachery

Country flag
Congrats! It looks lonesome, though: Git 'er registered and out there. Report back with an "on the road" pic!
:rolleyes:

JKBC

Nice bike. Here in BC you can get plate and insurance right at the dealer when you get your bike and they asked if I'd like the rear reflectors and plastic extension with another reflector removed before they put on the plate. I said 'yes please' but kept them. I went U-Haul too but rented a big Econoline van from them.

Seth

Country flag
Thank you for the kind comments all! That is cool so many are from WA, small town indeed.. I will take pics when I get this out on the road and will post them up. Wow sounds like the BC dealers almost go above and beyond, very nice.

Fasteddy

Country flag
I almost made a u turn to check it out, I am still looking for another new one to see how the lower fairing hardware is placed on the bracket to the muffler, I had a thread about it....

Seth

Country flag
Alright! Got to take her out for her maiden voyage.. What A BLAST!! Keep in mind this is my first motorcycle and I am so happy with it! A couple notes: She is so forgiving in corners, make a mistake.. it's all good! She also stops like a dream, even with just the rear brake. I got my endorsement thru the MSF all the basics kicked in and I was able to ride successfully thru traffic and all. Thank you to the wife. She was behind me in our car and gave me feedback as well as protection from the rear. People were just starring at the intersections, what a good looker!! I kept her below 6,000 as it is breaking in. Plenty of power could be had in any gear.. OH MY I can,t wait to go to 10,000 rpm!!!! The fan only came on after I was riding for a bit and I would stop and Idle for a couple minutes. The fan sounds boss... lots of power. It would shut off after a couple minutes. I love how I can plant both feet down at a stop... Effortlessly. My right wrist kinda hurts after the ride but it is all better now, a few hours later. I Can't wait to roll out tomorrow!

Oh and when I was riding thru a neighborhood I heard a loud bark from a German Shepard that was running after me. I didn't look back, I just rolled the throttle. I knew I could outrun that mutt he he.

Looking_at_my_KTM_RC390[1].jpg

guzz46

It was OK, but it was in no way an RC390, but I was only 15 at the time.

You're right about the RC being forgiving, I made the mistake once of brake checking while I was cranked over and it hardly even affected it, the front didn't tuck, it hardly even altered its line.