New Throttle Install Problem

Lawfive

I've recently bought a 2016 RC390 and am enjoying it immensely. My other bike is a Ducati Multistrada. Clearly, these are two different approaches to life on two wheels. I rode the Ducati from San Francisco to New Orleans last year. The RC on the other hand is my daily fun ride to nearly everywhere locally. What flickable fun machine!!!!!

Now I need some help. The prior owner bought a throttle that decreases the amount of twist required. As I was trying to install, a part fell out of the throttle/starter switch assembly. I have a bit of an engineering background but I'll be darned if I can see where this assembly fits back into the switch mechanism. I've googled quite a bit looking for an assembly diagram of the throttle with no luck. I would be grateful for some help. Every drawing or manual I find on line just shows the switch assembly intact. No help there.

Lawfive

Thanks for your reply. Here are a couple of pictures I just took. One is the switch disassebled and the new orange throttle handle. The other picture is the part that fell out of the switch/throttle assembly.IMG_2064.JPGIMG_2063.JPG

Muckabucka

Country flag
The part that "fell out" goes into the switch assy, and will index it onto your handlebar. There should be a small hole in the handlebar tube, and that little nub will fit in there.

green_bread

Country flag
The part that "fell out" goes into the switch assy, and will index it onto your handlebar. There should be a small hole in the handlebar tube, and that little nub will fit in there.

This. Exactly. If you put the nub in the hole like Mark said, the location where it would go in the switch housing should be pretty obvious. If you still have issues with getting it back together, I can look to see if I still have that housing and try to get some pics for you.

This exactly. The bar has a hole that "pin" fits in to. Then the block that fell out has a space it fits inside the housing. This holds the whole housing in a specific location on the bar.

Not having that part isn't the end of the world, it just means the starter/killswitch housing is able to rotate around the bar (not spinning like a top, mind you) as opposed to being held in place by the pin.