Michelle

Hi there ,, very nice bike Kootenanny :) ,, they are lovely looking bikes ,, how old is it ? , where are you from may I ask ?. Its always nice to get new toys ( bikes that is ) ,, I have not had mine long ,, 3 or 4 weeks ,, but I am going to see how it goes and maybe in a few months trade it in for a 2017 390...

bkruk

Nice! I was wondering about you and your bike! I will be doing New Denver to Kaslo today.......are you?

Kootenanny

Michelle, the bike is brand new. Yes, it's a 2016, but I kinda like it, and I suspect the 2017s are gonna cost more.

As for where I am...West Kootenays in south central BC. Mountains and valleys, and some pretty good roads (like the New Denver to Kaslo run that bkruk mentioned--which I'd love to be riding today, but may not be able to--when do you think you'll be there?).

Michelle

Sorry me ?, I am in the UK.... The weather is great here at the moment :) ,, it will not last long though ,, we do not really have a lot of hot weather even though I am just outside London ,, just a few weeks here and there.

Sounds like fun the run from New Denver to Kaslo...

Kootenanny

Bkruk--saw an RC390 going past the Frog Peak Cafe around 9:00 this morning while having breakfast with my wife--was that you?

Unfortunately, I have a pretty long "honey-do" list today... :rolleyes:

Kootenanny

Sorry me ?, I am in the UK....

Sounds like fun the run from New Denver to Kaslo...

This is not the UK :) And certainly not London.

Here's a pic from a few years ago. About 45 minutes from home, on the way to New Denver (which is maybe 15 minutes further along).

2june070007-1.jpg

Hwy 31A between New Denver and Kaslo is a well-known road--we get riders from all over western Canada coming here in the summer just to ride it, as well as other roads in the area.

img_0003_1-0.jpg

IMG0012.jpg

bkruk

Bkruk--saw an RC390 going past the Frog Peak Cafe around 9:00 this morning while having breakfast with my wife--was that you?

Unfortunately, I have a pretty long "honey-do" list today... :rolleyes:

Nope I was just leaving Castlegar @ 9 this morning.....I did all of my chores yesterday :cool:

Kootenanny

Nope I was just leaving Castlegar @ 9 this morning.....I did all of my chores yesterday :cool:
Yeah...my wife drove me into Nelson yesterday, I spent waaay longer doing the paperwork than I'd expected to. So I kinda had to do stuff today.

But keep in touch, I'd be right up for a ride one of these days.

Michelle

WOW them pictures are amazing ,, wish I was riding my bike around there :) ,, I know where you are but I thought you was asking me if I was going on that run.
So that is why I said , I live in the UK :p.....