Number of teeth in the front and rear sprockets stock??

ryandalling

Stupid idiot sent the bike to get suspension goodies installed and I forgot to count teeth so I could order new sprockets. I'm the stupid idiot and hope somebody could count teeth... Anybody?

Fasteddy

Country flag
Stupid idiot sent the bike to get suspension goodies installed and I forgot to count teeth so I could order new sprockets. I'm the stupid idiot and hope somebody could count teeth... Anybody?

This is what is published on KTM.com and in the owners manual...

Secondary gear ratio 15:45

Funny I was thinking about your post on going down a few while riding home from work, I am thinking just the oppisite for commuting and around town...

I'll go count the rear but pretty sure from all I have read 15 countershaft 45 drive, on my YZF600 I run 1down 2up for more get up and go around town...

ryandalling

Yes, more top end. Plus I need to move the shift spots to better spots on the track. It's all trying to gear specific to each track.

mr-fabricator

I can highly reccomend TYGA ,

Tried the 44 and 46 rear but i stall cant improve on standard gearing for the local track , going to race shift now as my pace is dictating an earlier gear change comming out of a long right hander , altering the actual gearing to take me further makes a mess of everywhere else on the track .

Regards lee

ryandalling

The TYGA gears fit the stock chain or are they some other size?

i am slightly concerned about the rest of the track but I feel like I am at the wrong shift spot everywhere. So hoping this helps. I want to try both 44 and 46 and see. There are a lot of fun tracks around here that would do with different gearing.

Last edited:

mr-fabricator

Theyre all 520 pitch and are perfect , Tyga do not produce or sell.substandard parts .

Their are usually tyga reps selling on ebay but i got them cheaper going direct , while i was therer i got the carbon fiber front guard and a carbon rear wheel hugger. Its the one for the duke 390 , small and looks great on the bike , ditched the standard plastic hugger / chain guard .

the also do a front sprocket cover in carbon that i will order shortly . As u can tell i am a big fan :)

Fasteddy

Country flag
You will likely be able to go up or down one on the tooth on the back with the stock number of links working within the range of the adjusters, There does not seem to be any countershaft sprockets available yet, that would allow for some more final drive ratio with the same number of links. On my 600 stock chain is 108 links, with that chain I can go down 1 on countershaft and up two on drive,but, it has a wide adjustment range on the swing arm...

Treachery

Country flag
Theyre all 520 pitch and are perfect , Tyga do not produce or sell.substandard parts .

Their are usually tyga reps selling on ebay but i got them cheaper going direct , while i was therer i got the carbon fiber front guard and a carbon rear wheel hugger. Its the one for the duke 390 , small and looks great on the bike , ditched the standard plastic hugger / chain guard .

the also do a front sprocket cover in carbon that i will order shortly . As u can tell i am a big fan :)

Carbon...fiber...