Installed new exhuast and air filter. How do I reset the bike to adapt to the new mods??

I'm a completely noob when it comes to these things but I installed a Werkes custom GP slip on and did a cat delete a while back. recently I got a crack in my airbox so I had to take that out and fix the cracks.

I figured since the box is already out I should get a better air filter. I also have seen a video where a guy cuts the top half of the stock airbox cover leaving just the edges where the bolt holes are, supposedly this would increase the airflow without need to buy a new lid and I'd also be able to toss that intake hose the runs towards the back of the bike as it wouldn't really be needed.

I just wanted to ask if anyone knows if there is a way to get my bike to adapt to these changes by doing a reset or if the bike will just adapt to it on its next start up.

I will be getting an ecu as well as a dyno tune but I just wanted to know for now if there is a way to get the bike to adapt to the changes in the meantime.

Sorry if I sound like an idiot but Im still learning about this stuff lol.

Karfanatik

Country flag
You're gonna be running lean and hot with that set up. You'll need a fuel controller and a proper map for the mods. As for ECU reset, I've seen conflicting things. 10min idle rest, 15min idle reset, RBW with no reset available. I can't help you with that unfortunately

Thank you very much for the info. When I first did the dat delete and the new Wereks slip on i noticed a significant drop in temps, imm assuming that is from the cat no longer being there, I have no been able to test my bike with the air filter as its been raining but If I take the bike out and the temps are fine would I be ok without the fuel controller and updated map? I switched to engine ice coolant when i first bought the bike as a side note.

B7ACKTHORN

Country flag
You can try your hands on PowerTronics FUELX a cheap and alternate way to adjust fueling automatically. This automatically adjusts the O2 reading and fueling depending upon the exhaust setup. Give it a chance! Google PowerTronics Fuel X

You can try your hands on PowerTronics FUELX a cheap and alternate way to adjust fueling automatically. This automatically adjusts the O2 reading and fueling depending upon the exhaust setup. Give it a chance! Google PowerTronics Fuel X
I was JUST looking at Fuel X lol. I still need to fix this odd issue with my bike, but after that I'm deff getting the Fuel X.