Ongoing Shifting Troubles!

Andy

Country flag
So ordered my Factory Pro detent arm from Commonwealth, suprised at the duty charges to send the UK which I’m well happy with

Anyway fitting was easy once I’d got a tool to hold the clutch hub. Does this Shift Shaft Fork? look worn?

I cycled the gears and it didn’t seem to want to latch onto the pegs on the star?

c427f13ee19ef8a5fc3ff10d36ba19a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HUTCHY

I recently had a fall on my KTM and upon changing some parts I've realised the shift shaft is bent...

Could anyone advise me if this is a difficult job or if I could simply just buy part 1 (in the picture) and interchange the parts?

Cheers!

Shift shaft.jpg

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
So ordered my Factory Pro detent arm from Commonwealth, suprised at the duty charges to send the UK which I’m well happy with

Anyway fitting was easy once I’d got a tool to hold the clutch hub. Does this Shift Shaft Fork? look worn?

I cycled the gears and it didn’t seem to want to latch onto the pegs on the star?

c427f13ee19ef8a5fc3ff10d36ba19a7.jpg

Holy ****! Yeah... that's worn! Get that replaced ASAP!

Andy

Country flag
Ordered and on way, on cycling gears it’s not picking up so this could be my upshifting problems.

Not sure why it’s worn like this though?

Andy

Country flag
I recently had a fall on my KTM and upon changing some parts I've realised the shift shaft is bent...

Could anyone advise me if this is a difficult job or if I could simply just buy part 1 (in the picture) and interchange the parts?

Cheers!

View attachment 5054

Reasonably easy, you’ll need to remove the clutch and clutch basket. A clutch holding tool is needed and a 24mm(?) socket with breaker bar or impact wrench. You have to break the nut (left handed so undo the opposite way) which is a 120Nm. Once all off the shift shaft slides out, remember to remove the linkage on left hand side.

Don’t try and scrimp and save on this. I bought a universal tool which couldn’t hold the clutch hub and ended up breaking my basket. So trying to save I had to pay £119 for a new basket and also buy a new clutch holding tool, I went for a motion pro tool which I actually got quite cheap!