reenmachine

Country flag
L3AgDx6.jpg

reenmachine

Country flag
@reenmachine

I'm in Lakewood (605/91)
Ah ok, so it is a bit of a trip up.

If you come one the weekend, come early. After about 10am or so it's quite busy, sometimes to the point of being unnecessarily dangerous. It used to not be that way, but it seems to have exploded in popularity in the past couple years. If you've ever been to The Snake on Mulholland, it's starting to trend toward that crowd. Not quite as awful yet, but it's getting there.

I don't consider Angeles Crest being too far away. I used to work up in LA and Hollywood and had friends over in Glendale/Burbank area working at Disney/Warner Bros and Marvel. Far for me is out of state.

Yeah, done Mulholland numerous times. I'd say Mulholland is worse because of it's popularity (Youtube and Jay Leno's Garage) and relative close distance to most SoCal locations. Weekends are the worst at most popular twisties. Me and my dad usually go on his days off work during the weekday. Very little to light traffic.

Long time ago when I bought my very first 'new' bike out of high school ('89 Yamaha YSR 50/ later heavily modded) I rode that across Angeles Crest many times and up and down the coast. I miss riding 2-strokes.

p.s. - RnickeyMouse on Youtube has a video of my brother going down on the 'Snake', just search for Buell and you'll find it.