R6 Master

mdabyo

Country flag
I have searched the forum and lots of poeple talk about upgrading the master but i dont see any results on how it all worked out?

what are people running? Anyone running an R6 master? It working well? not well?

I have read that the RCS15 is the ideal upgrade, but the the R6 should be a poor mans upgrade? :)

Any info would be great as i have one laying around and have been thinking about it but dont want to go through the effort if it wont pay off.

-J

bkruk

I did the Brembo upgrade and got rid of the ABS with the direct lines and Brembo pads.......man its like a totally different bike now. I feel like I am in complete control and it saved me this past august from what could have been really bad to just a broken collarbone and minimal damage to my bike....worth every penny

I have a Brembo radial master on one of my other bikes and it works well. However, they are really expensive to buy and so for my bike I went on Ebay and bought the FRANDO brand unit. it is significantly cheaper and very good quality. I see that they are being sold to racers in the UK too. Trust me you will be impressed with the quality. I even got them to sell me a spare lever. However, the radial master units do not have the 'feel' of the non-radial stock unit. The radial master takes the brake master from a four finger pull to a one finger squeeze brake. Great if you are an experienced rider but not for a new rider. Best investment in stopping is to get rid of the ABS and mount up better EBC or SBS brake pads.parillaguy

D

Deleted member 452

I'm running a 15mm Frando, Galfer 320mm front rotor & standard size rear rotor W/Brembo pads & Motul brake fluid. It stops immediately and the lever is rock hard (not mushy like stock).

mdabyo

Country flag
so back to my original question? anyone ever done a R6 master swap? its only a little bigger than the RCS15.

This table of corresponding size of master cylinder respect caliper size is NOT for radial brakes.
Note that the diameter of the master cylinder piston is not the only parameter to take into account, as the leverage ratio of the master cylinder.