RC 390 Cup

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Its official, we can all get this out of heads now...

Murrieta, CA – KTM Motorsports is excited to announce important details about the race
competition KTM RC 390 Cup Racebike that will be available for purchase for participants
of the 2015 RC Cup Series, a five-round series in conjunction with the 2015 MotoAmerica
Racing Series.
The highly-anticipated RC Cup Series will allow riders between the ages of 14-22 years old
holding an AMA Superstock Limited license to participate. All riders must race aboard
2015 KTM RC 390 Cup Racebikes. These motorcycles are designed as racing competition
bikes (not street-legal) and have been prepared by KTM with over 40 PowerParts and
other enhancements to increase racing performance. Some of the new features include:
- Fully adjustable WP Racing Fork
- Fully adjustable WP Racing Rear Shock with high/low speed compression and
rebound damping, adjustable preload and adjustable shock length
- Akrapovic Exhaust
- Racing Windshield, Tail Fairing and Belly Pan
- RC8 R-style Throttle Assembly
- CNC-machined Racing Foldable Levers
- CNC-machined Racing Rear Sets
Each RC Cup Racebike has been dyno-tested and tuned to 38 hp. To maintain competitive
parity, the engine is sealed and may only be serviced by KTM’s trackside partner HMC
Racing. Modified street-legal RC 390’s will not qualify for participation in the MotoAmerica
KTM RC Cup Series but will be allowed in regional racing.
KTM’s partnership with HMC Racing will add a benefit to all riders during the racing
weekend, as HMC will provide the following services to race participants:
- KTM HMC semi-truck will be present at each event to provide a relaxing hospitality
area for participants
- The KTM HMC technicians will provide technical assistance and have parts
available for purchase if needed as part of the trackside service program
- KTM HMC technicians will provide a motorcycle safety check on motorcycles prior
to the race and will help MotoAmerica regulate the validity of all race units to
maintain motorcycle parity throughout the race series
- Professional KTM HMC SuperBike racer, Chris Fillmore, will attend each event and
offer guidance to each young participant

Superpacman13

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
The RC Cup
Earlier today, KTM announced the details of the eagerly
awaited KTM MotoAmerica RC 390 Cup Racebike. A copy of
the press release is included in this mailing. KTM dealers
will be instrumental to the success of this concept.
RC 390 Cup Sales Program
Program Dates: Monday January 19th, to Sunday February
15th, 2015
Requirements:
1. Customer provides a fully refundable deposit of at
least $1000 to your dealership. A signed copy of the
sales contract is to be included with your order
request.
2. The rider also must apply to AMA Roadracing for a
“Superstock Limited” license. A printed copy of the application is also to be included with your
request. If your rider already has a “Superstock Limited” license, please include a copy with your
request.
Pricing: MSRP: $9,999
See attached confidential price list for additional information
Terms: Net 30 days
Allocation
Priority: Allocation priority will be set by date of your request, and date of AMA Racing License
approval, so do not delay. Production is limited.

kalleh

Finally we can put to rest this kit bs. I was about to lose my mind.

Thanks for the information.

So sad that it seems they couldn't figure out a way to offer these bikes to the general public though. Or maybe they will, but nothing has been said yet.

motoarch

So sad that it seems they couldn't figure out a way to offer these bikes to the general public though. Or maybe they will, but nothing has been said yet.

I'd love it if they made race lit for the bike. You could pick and choose your own parts maybe and get what you want. Infact this is exactly what I plan to do on my own through the aftermarket. Why pay 10000 for a bike I can build probable cheaper.

It was the notion that the actual cup bike would be a kit that I thought was silly. Sorry if it sounds like I'm picking on you im not. I have no idea where that rumor started I just thought it really strange.

Treachery

Country flag
arch-it really wasn't a rumor. Motorcyclist said there'd be such a thing in print. It appears that they were mistaken, but we wishful thinkers weren't crazy, just misled.

kalleh

I'd love it if they made race lit for the bike. You could pick and choose your own parts maybe and get what you want. Infact this is exactly what I plan to do on my own through the aftermarket. Why pay 10000 for a bike I can build probable cheaper.

It was the notion that the actual cup bike would be a kit that I thought was silly. Sorry if it sounds like I'm picking on you im not. I have no idea where that rumor started I just thought it really strange.

Hmm, buying race exhaust, plastics, front forks, rear shock, upgraded brakes, rearsets etc etc will probably be more than the $4500 premium the cup bike offers, and I still need all of that. Anyway, we'll see what I'll do, will probably start an email thread with RaceTech to see what they can do for the forks (full cartridge inserts?) and shock.

VAG944

So there won't be parts available separtely? Fork inserts, rear sets and tail section are all I'd be wanting. I thought the whole power parts thing was for this?

Treachery

Country flag
Be interesting to see how the aftermarket supports the RC, particularly such as exhaust and rearsets. Suspension is easy; just a matter of the suppliers beta-building their first one and going from there. If/when I upgrade (the bike I don't have yet :rolleyes:), I'm only about an hour from Ohlins, and not much more than that from Cogent.

motoarch

I'm sure it'll be no diffrent then any other bike. If I need to im close to woodcraft and they support the penquin race school and formula 300 series in loudon nh. I can donate my bike if I need to for fabrication of things like rear sets, engine case protection and frame sliders, clip ons. Exhaust seems to be taken care of all ready and power commander probably won't take too long to get on board.

Last edited:

kalleh

I'm sure it'll be no diffrent then any other bike. If I need to im close to woodcraft and they support the penquin race school and formula 300 series in loudon nh. I can donate my bike if I need to for fabrication of things like rear sets, engine case protection and frame sliders, clip ons. Exhaust seems to be taken care of all ready and power commander probably won't take too long to get on board.

Which exhaust are you thinking of? The Akro powerparts exhaust is only a slip-on system right, not a full system?

Treachery

Country flag
Another question is what modification is needed for an aftermarket exhaust. The Akra looks to only work with the kit belly pan with a different contour at the header exit.

BTW, I'm all for you getting Woodcraft to work on parts for the RC...

guzz46

I think the Akra would work with the standard belly pan, probably like this one
KTM_RC390_Slash_Brushed_Stainless_Oval_Mini_Exhaust.jpg
But the Akra has a catalytic converter, plus its big, and it bolts to the rear footpeg mounts, I hope someone will make an underbody exhaust, I like the way the exhaust is hidden under the bike, it looks clean and tidy, as a side note, the warranty book states the warranty may be void if you use parts not approved by KTM, so probably best to check with your dealer before you put an exhaust on.

Last edited:

guzz46

That's not my bike, just a pic I found on the net, but I found this on youtube

[video=youtube;DO0HyjZiVZk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO0HyjZiVZk[/video]

DCMoney

Country flag
Ive emailed Hotbodies, ArmourBodies and Sharkshinz so far asking if hey are going to make race fairings for the RC 390. Hotbodies and Armour bodies basically said no unless it starts getting asked for. Sharkskinz hasn't gotten back to me yet.

So those planning on running your RC on the track like myself start emailing and asking for them!

EDIT: Sharkskinz said they most likely will be making fairings just need to borrow a bike with bodywork to make molds from.

Last edited:

TZMike

Got this form from the dealer last weekend. It needs to be filled out with racer info to be eligible to buy a Cup bike. As you can see the price is $9999 + $400 prep and $450 delivery. Plus local tax. It will be around $11.5K-$12K...

KTM USA Cup Order Form 2015-01-25.jpg