Sonoma Raceway Aka Infineon Aka Sear's Point Track day Jan 24 & 25

RC707

Hey All,

I just logged 2K miles on my bike (first bike) and finally took it out to a track day. I have a few friends that are very experienced that took me this far, so I feel like I had a solid foundation (Thanks to Keith Code too). Man what a great time, I am hooked. Lots of compliments and interest in the bike too. The best part I would say is the bike community as a whole was very welcoming and encouraging to a newer rider like myself. Always offering experiences and advice with a non-judgmental demeanor. Very cool. Had some more experienced racers in the A and B+ group offer to ride and show me their lines which was invaluable training. To you experienced riders that pay it forward.. Thanks!!! please feel free to send back technique tips based on the photos too.

Cheers,

From CA

GBMA8749.jpgGBMA8199.jpgGBMA7425.jpgGBMA6883.jpg

hydroz1

Nice!

I will be out there next month with my RC.

Hopefully it will be as nice a day as in your pictures.

Did you do anything to your suspension for Sonoma?

-Vince

RC707

Nice!

I will be out there next month with my RC.

Hopefully it will be as nice a day as in your pictures.

Did you do anything to your suspension for Sonoma?

-Vince

No, unfortunetly I did not get a chance to see Dave Moss and get some tuning done out there. It was bone stock. The brakes were fine, suspension felt great. I'm a noob so I'm sure there are nuiances I am missing in the suspension, but overall I felt like it was track ready out of the box.

hydroz1

I went the inexpensive route: grabbed a used r6 shock with all the goodies(spring, threaded collar adjuster, spacers) from Matt at Formula390 and changed the spring and fork oil in the fork.

It seems to be much better handling on 35 but sonoma will be the big test next weekend.

V

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk