Squeaky front brakes

Ryanthegreat1

Don't get HH pads, they squeal a lot.

Never heard a peep out of the stock pads.

I bet the large diameter solid front rotor has something to do with all the noise.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
HH's don't squeal, they whine/wiz since it's a sintered pad. They do that on all bikes/rotors. If they are squealing something is a wry.

Ryanthegreat1

My HH pads squeal under certain conditions. Light braking under 5mph when rolling up to a stop light, has that high performance brake chirping. Or very hard braking as it dips below about 15 mph, this one sounds terrible almost like a big part on a lathe ringing.

ToraTora

Country flag
Yeah sometimes the pads will pick up dirt. Careful application of a green pad can clean them out. Also if you bevel the leading edge of the pad it will help reduce the resonating factors that can cause a pad to vibrate at audio levels.

onethump

Its a brand new bike with maybe 200 miles on it. Only time it was in the rain was bringing it home from the dealer.

We "clean" our disk rotors after every endurance event. Rubber, dirt, and oils get tossed on the rotor from the tarmac and then contaminate it reducing performance. Simply "brush" them down with some 100 grit sand paper for optimum performance. I wouldn't use scotch brite pads. They will leave a residue that is as bad as the road debris you are trying to remove.