Still having idle/starting issues

mdabyo

Country flag
Usually in the am at the track the bike works fine until I get it out for a good hot session.

Then things start to get weird.

At idle in the pit the bike won’t idle long

First is idles normal for 30-40 seconds. Then it starts to skip a beat every 5-10 seconds. Like it’s miss firing. Then it happens more and more until it stalls. After that happens it’s a bugger to get started (takes a load of throttle and won’t isually idle. )

I thought it may be battery but seems to be happening with another battery too. Going to try pulling the PCV soon. Other thoughts?

Edwardp33

Country flag
Check your spark plug cable. The inside of mine was almost black. I cleaned it and reseated it and that fixed my problem. I ultimately ordered a new one. ~$30

mdabyo

Country flag
Hmmm good call. Will check. Planning on stripping the harness and putting it back in to see if I have a bad connection

ShawnB

Sounds like a bad stator
When they heat up they can glitche out when they are on their way out
Easy to replace

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk
2bb8ee9af6f268f4dfddc3f7edf8606d.jpg
8620c67ec1139bf9347d24761e6730ed.jpg

Last edited:

mdabyo

Country flag
Will check the stator for sure. But pretty sure it was my plug cable. It was CRAZY loose on my plug. Like I could spin the plug like a top and it would keep spinning when I let it go. It and the plug were really carboned up as well. Lol. I had a spare that was nice and tight so installed it with a new plug. Fingers crossed.

mdabyo

Country flag
just to close this out was 100% my plug cable! swapped it out with a new plug before this weekend and the bike ran like a champ all weekend! thanks again for all the advice everyone!