T-Rex Frame Sliders

Diploman

These look good. Although the caption says they are for the "Duke390" it's clear they were designed specifically for the RC.

AirRsq

I have them. I bought them shortly after they released them for sale for the RC.

Pros: I like them. They mount VERY securely and provide a good 3 points of contact that will likely not damage the frame during a hard fall. They have nice heavy members that connect to the main engine mount points and to the frame trellis at the frame's thickest/strongest point, rather than precariously bolting to any engine bolts or frame flanges like some sliders do. They look good and do not interfere with your legs during any possible riding style. The pucks are replaceable and easy to remove.

Cons: Not quick to install and requires pulling of the engine's forward mount bolt. Does not come with directions (at least mine did not), though it was pretty intuitive to figure out what goes where. The right side mount member interferes with the side cover and clutch cable routing so much so that I am considering notifying T-Rex so they can mod the mount a bit - just haven't gotten around to it. I was able to easily shave a bit on the inside of the cover with a file to accommodate, but it was not ideal to have to do this.

Overall, this is a nice part and very solid quality that looks great. If anyone buys it, i'd be happy to show you what I had to do to trim the inner side cover to fit - very easy mod that is completely hidden after install and does not affect the structural integrity of the cover.

I also bought T-Rex's engine case covers which are also very tough/solid and had perfect fitment.

Last edited:

reenmachine

Country flag
If anyone buys it, i'd be happy to show you what I had to do to trim the inner side cover to fit - very easy mod that is completely hidden after install and does not affect the structural integrity of the cover.

Yes please. I ordered them today and have a track day coming up so any time-saving tips will be much appreciated!

AirRsq

Side panel mod for T-Rex sliders.

Pics below.

One of the tabs on the inner (black) part of the side cover has a tab that has to be trimmed. Pics appear rotated 90deg to the left because I was shooting camera from back of bike...new apple "Photos" app vexes me and I cannot figure out how to rotate for you. Sorry.

Pic 1: for area reference
IMG_6438.jpg

Pic 2: this slider attachment member makes contact with the inner side panel
IMG_6440.jpg

Pic 3: this tab on the inner side cover needs to be trimmed.
IMG_6448.jpg

Pic 4: this tab. The one just forward of the attachment bolt hole.
IMG_6441.jpg

Pic 5: the tab is normally "this" long and needs to trimmed like Pic 6. The mounting member will fit into the trimmed out spot perfectly.
IMG_6445.jpg

Pic 6: This section between my thumb and finger is what you remove. I used a multi-tool to cut and a file to clean it up. You simply cut the forward portion of the horizontal tab off. It should be very intuitive once you remove the cover. If you zoom in on the pics, you can see my tool marks where I cut.
IMG_6446.jpg

Without this mod, the bottom plunger that connects to the rubber grommet hole in the belly pan will not stay in the hole because this tab is holding the center of the side panel out. I hope this helps.

Flippn

Country flag
I have the T-Rex frame sliders and engine case protection as well. I agree with AirRsq's review, they're well made and mounting seems secure...although mine came with instructions and I have no fitment issues...then again, I have Tyga bodywork so maybe that's why.

reenmachine

Country flag
I have the T-Rex frame sliders and engine case protection as well. I agree with AirRsq's review, they're well made and mounting seems secure...although mine came with instructions and I have no fitment issues...then again, I have Tyga bodywork so maybe that's why.

Mine came in...no instructions. Any chance you can send me a scan or photo of yours?

EDIT: I contacted T-rex and they emailed the instructions right away.

Last edited:

Backmarker

I installed my T-rex sliders and engine case protectors this past weekend, they are well made and fit great. I did get instructions with mine.What I really like is that they are protection for my Ohlins external reservoir, I mounted the reservoir as the Ohlins instruction said and was worried that if the bike went over on the right side it would damage the reservoir. With the T-rex sliders I now have that covered. Thanks T-Rex.

reenmachine

Country flag
I installed mine yesterday and everything went great! Well made parts, solid mounting, quality hardware, and overall a nicely-executed setup. And all at half the price of the others!

I did have to trim a bit of the black plastic on the inside of the RH fairing as described above, but it was simple.

=maz=

Country flag
We are running these on both bikes as well as the engine case protection...very happy, not that I want to crash-test them, with the fit and look. Instructions came with mine and I only had to trim a little bit of the Tyga belly pan to make it fit properly.

Treachery

Country flag
Can anybody post pics of the case protectors--actually not of the protectors themselves, but from a few feet away of them on the bike. T-Rex has some, but they're sorta small, and not well-lit.

Prolly not going to keep me from ordering, but it'll give me something to look at while I wait for 'em.

:cool: