T-Rex Frame Sliders

I own the t-rex frame sliders, and while they were a bitch to install, their #1 main benefit as I see it is that I can raise my legs up and rest my feet on them and cruise around in go-kart position, knees in my face. It is wonderful.

Where the sliders cradled the frame, I wanted to make sure to prevent that from scratching/marring the finish. I put some baseball grip tape on it to pad the metal parts.

More on it here

karizzle38

Thanks for the info, Backmarker. The protection for the ohlins were my main concern too. I just got mine shipped and reading through the instructions I thought they might interfere with the ohlins reservoir. But, sounds like they fit without issue?
I installed my T-rex sliders and engine case protectors this past weekend, they are well made and fit great. I did get instructions with mine.What I really like is that they are protection for my Ohlins external reservoir, I mounted the reservoir as the Ohlins instruction said and was worried that if the bike went over on the right side it would damage the reservoir. With the T-rex sliders I now have that covered. Thanks T-Rex.

karizzle38

So... this happened to me while installing the sliders. Got most of the heavy lifting done with the removal of the fairings, supporting the motor, removing the motor mounts, and bolting the motor mounts to the slider brackets. Then when going to bolt down the bracket that holds the slider pucks themselves, the top bolts won't thread through. Turns out the top hole doesn't have threads! T-Rex was not helpful at all when I called to complain about the problem. They finally reluctantly agreed to send a new bracket and it cost me a full week of downtime on the bike before I got the part replacement. Seems like most everyone has been happy with T-Rex and these sliders specifically. Unfortunately, I might have been the one anomaly...image1.jpgimage2.JPGimage3.JPGimage4.jpgimage5.jpgimage6.jpg

polokid69

So... this happened to me while installing the sliders. Got most of the heavy lifting done with the removal of the fairings, supporting the motor, removing the motor mounts, and bolting the motor mounts to the slider brackets. Then when going to bolt down the bracket that holds the slider pucks themselves, the top bolts won't thread through. Turns out the top hole doesn't have threads! T-Rex was not helpful at all when I called to complain about the problem. They finally reluctantly agreed to send a new bracket and it cost me a full week of downtime on the bike before I got the part replacement. Seems like most everyone has been happy with T-Rex and these sliders specifically. Unfortunately, I might have been the one anomaly...View attachment 4319View attachment 4320View attachment 4321View attachment 4322View attachment 4323View attachment 4324
where did you get those orange rearsets?