Upgrading questions

ArkansasDave

Is there any option to upgrade KTM RC390 2015 with :

1. Slipper clutch

2. Ride by wire

slipper clutch yes, search for yoyodyne on this forum.

No ride by wire that I know of. I haven't seen any bike be able to be converted to ride by wire.

Last edited:

big_sur

RE:retrofitting the factory 2016 slipper clutch to a 2015 bike, my dealer said it is possible and not terribly expensive, but as of the fall, they were waiting on the new parts fiche to figure out what is needed.

tecknojoe

Country flag
RE:retrofitting the factory 2016 slipper clutch to a 2015 bike, my dealer said it is possible and not terribly expensive, but as of the fall, they were waiting on the new parts fiche to figure out what is needed.

Subscribed.

I want to say we can only use the OEM slipper, but not positive.

big_sur

Subscribed.

I want to say we can only use the OEM slipper, but not positive.

Yup, I've been told it's perfectly fine to use OEM parts from the same generation but different year; however, pretty sure an aftermarket slipper wouldn't be legal in production class. I'll prolly add the oem slipper once I burn up my clutch but dk if it'll make it on before then.

Treachery

Country flag
^^^^^
Okay, not to cheat or condone such nefarious s**t, but how would they know you had one, or whether it was OE?

JS.

Who's gonna pony up for the protest teardown?

ArkansasDave

^^^^^
Okay, not to cheat or condone such nefarious s**t, but how would they know you had one, or whether it was OE?

JS.

Who's gonna pony up for the protest teardown?

then it also begs the question, is there even a performance advantage between the yoyodyne and the oem.