What did you do to your RC today?

RCRebel

It's interesting to see what everyone is doing each day in respect to mods, repairs, or general maintenance.
I will start this one off I added a Rebel alliance decal after being Inspired by this x-wing and I painted the front fender white to match the white tail I have on order.
Remember guys pics or it didn't happen lol :D
994d09a7cca6c8a62b6de186a5aa7ab6.jpg
0f6835c3ef82573892e2d50cf64444f6.jpg
3d53afc202215cf2befb50d3c41486dc.jpg
261005fa9eeab4a5cc31aa9caf8b4180.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

aj@x

Looks good, did you use two pack or spray cans? i want to do front fender, tank and tail eventually.

RCRebel

Looks good, did you use two pack or spray cans? i want to do front fender, tank and tail eventually.

Thanks! I'm contemplating doing the tank also gonna wait to see how the white tail looks first. I used this Rustoleum appliance gloss white epoxy paint, it works really well on plastics way way better than Paint made for plastic like the Duplicolor stuff which cracks & chips. Also used a ton of clear coat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
d47d42fbcae5597a6d6e9edf99c394ae.jpg

Last edited:

RobbiRob76

I think the hugger and chain guard would look rad paint to match and give the bike a little more balance... Looks good!

OldVet

I went for a ride a fiddled with the settings on the JRi shock I installed yesterday ;) Then I rode over to Laguna Seca. Keith Code's Superbike school was out there along with a bunch of BMW reps offering free rides around the track on a bunch of different BMW's. The stunt guy on the S1000RR was impressive.

20151009_134611.jpg20151009_135038.jpg20151009_135234.jpg

psych0hans

Country flag
I fiddled on my bike a bit yesterday, but didn't really get anything done. I wanted to install my bar end mirrors, but they won't fit on the stock bars. So I'm holding off a lot of mods like grips, quick throttle, clip ons, bar end mirrors and mirror delete brackets. All these will happen once I decide what to do with the stock triple, replace or modify. Is it possible to use clip ons with the stock triple?

emiller

Country flag
I installed a MIVV GP exhaust :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170212-175354.jpg
    Screenshot_20170212-175354.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:

KTMRC390

My New RS-9

Just got Delivery of my Yoshimura RS-9 :cool: Now just need to Tune the Suspension :)

Attachments

• IMG_9096.jpg
    IMG_9096.jpg
    584.5 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
A decent amount but well worth the cost. I was mainly replacing the head gasket for preventative maintenance but we found some other issues along the way.

psych0hans

Country flag
I switched over from a 150/60 rear to a 140/70. Best decision EVER! The taller tire not only gives me a better turn in than stock, it also makes my gearing taller. The taller gearing gives me a much smoother acceleration and has taken out the jerkiness caused by my brutal quick turn throttle(probably 1/6-1/8 turn)

amejia

Started the race build. Knucklehead me forgIt to take pics lol
d78f21eb-0df7-4f91-a74b-e54be64fdf76

Attachments

• 36429F9B-5E97-4FD6-9B69-C1B535649AAC.jpg
    36429F9B-5E97-4FD6-9B69-C1B535649AAC.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

Conissah

Today I rode the RC ~150 miles, and enjoyed every minute of it. Yesterday I took the stock muffler and passenger footpegs off, and didn't like the exhaust dumping on my foot, so I cut up an AutoZone exhaust tip and painted it black, LOVE IT. I also fixed my rattling instrument cluster with some rubber spacers. While I was taking it all apart, I got to see the bike with no mirrors, which inspired me to make my own mirror block off plates. Looking for a bar-end mirror now... Once the paint on the plates finishes drying, I'll post them up here.

First, the exhaust tip. Kinda hard to see, but that's the whole point.

Urho2jG.jpg

And now, this shows the rubber spacers which sandwich the cluster super tight into the weird 2-piece 'bulkhead.' It doesn't budge now, no more rattling display.

AnIUUAx.jpg

Last edited:

Conissah

I found a fuel leak, so that's fun... Been smelling fuel for a bit now, but just figured the EVAP can was full since I tend to top the tank off. I'm still hoping that the overflow line has come disconnected or something, but it is highly doubtful. The inside of the left fairing where the black and orange meet is saturated with fuel on the inside. Based off other images and posts, I'm guessing the tank has a split in it where the ECU mounts, which would be super unfortunate. I'm really hoping I don't need a new tank, so if anyone has any potential ideas as to what it could actually be that'd be great.

On a better note, my bar end mirror came in the mail today. I made some mirror block off plates out of 1/8" steel and painted them gloss black. Bike looks so much cleaner without the mirrors and passenger foot pegs. If only I could ride it...

1rrEk79.jpg

nPHKMXw.jpg

meaGxKc.jpg