yosh v akra systems

isaac_

Looking to get CJWELL’s specific feedback on here on the yosh vs akra (open) systems. I thought he had done some write ups and I can’t find them.

Basically, I’d like to know what might be more appropriate for a stock motor + thin head gasket.

What’s the weights on both systems? The yosh is 10.x lbs but I can’t find the weight of the akra.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
The new open Akra is lighter then the yosh system. Makes slightly better power. WIN WIN. It cost less too (the new open akra) ;).

isaac_

The thing I hate about the akra is that it hangs so low to the side. Asking to get f’ed in a crash.

Thanks for the slipper, by the way! Anxious to install it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green_bread

Country flag
FWIW, I have the Yoshi and it's held up very well through a couple low sides. The map Chad gave me for my setup is pretty damn good, too.

isaac_

FWIW, I have the Yoshi and it's held up very well through a couple low sides. The map Chad gave me for my setup is pretty damn good, too.

Precisely why I’m interested the yosh. But power is power on these little bikes. Grr. Don’t know what to do.

I'm having issues on my (new to me) rc390 racebike with the open Akra. It works fine but the exhaust hanger is right at where my heel sits. When I try to pivot my right foot in right turns my heel hits the hanger and it stops me from getting my knee and foot in a comfortable position.

Thinking about switching to the Yosh system because of this... But then again my friend is burning the side of his left boot because the Yosh is heating up too much and too close to where his foot sits. -____-

isaac_

I'm having issues on my (new to me) rc390 racebike with the open Akra. It works fine but the exhaust hanger is right at where my heel sits. When I try to pivot my right foot in right turns my heel hits the hanger and it stops me from getting my knee and foot in a comfortable position.

Thinking about switching to the Yosh system because of this... But then again my friend is burning the side of his left boot because the Yosh is heating up too much and too close to where his foot sits. -____-

What size foot do you have?! If that's your only issue, put a piece of heat wrap or heel guard.

But if you want to get rid of your akra system...

Size 11.5 US. It's not that my boot is getting hot; it's that when I make right turns I pivot on the balls of my feet and my heels come towards the bike as I put my knee out. With the Akra hanger my heel hits the hanger instead of turning with my foot. That means bending my ankle in a weird position to put my knee out comfortably.

If you have a Yosh system you're looking to trade... :)

isaac_

Size 11.5 US. It's not that my boot is getting hot; it's that when I make right turns I pivot on the balls of my feet and my heels come towards the bike as I put my knee out. With the Akra hanger my heel hits the hanger instead of turning with my foot. That means bending my ankle in a weird position to put my knee out comfortably.

If you have a Yosh system you're looking to trade... :)

#tallpeopleproblems

I wouldn’t know.

And no... I don’t have a yosh :-/