2016 KTM RC 390 bogging down really bad, giving throttle will cause it to bog down until it eventually gets up to speed.

This issue came out of no where, I was down florida for a month, I rode my bike a ton down there, then one day out of nowhere half way through my ride, I try to give it throttle and all it does is bob, bog, bog and eventually itll get up to speed.

So far I found my airbox had 2 cracks in it, I fixed both of those, I check my spark plug and it was perfectly fine. I thought fixing the cracks in the air box would have fixed it but I have no idea what to do next.

If anyone has any advice Id really appreciate it.

1JZSupra

Country flag
Disconnect the battery, let it sit for a little and then reconnect it. Then start it, let it idle without touching the throttle for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes shut the bike off.

Disconnect the battery, let it sit for a little and then reconnect it. Then start it, let it idle without touching the throttle for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes shut the bike off.
Ok thank you for the tip. I'm not sure if it'll fix my problem but it cant hurt to try.

I finally got the fuel filter, I popped the new one in andddd it did absolutely fuckin nothing as usual. Bike still runs like complete shit for no fuckin reason. I'm just going to bring it to a dealership. I'm sure they will cost a fortune too which is just grreat.

Ok but what would the solution be, I took the fuel pump out to inspect for any damage or holes in the hose and it looked fine.

Fuel controller and proper map would even out the mixture
I'm sure that would help but why would my bike out of the blue stop running good. The only change I made was adding a slip on and cat delete 2 years ago and my bike ran perfectly with those mods even since. WHy would my bike just suddenly bog down really bad and make itself unrideable for no apparent reason.

I could see it being an issue if this happen right after I did a cat delete and slip on but not 2 years later.

I literally can't ride my bike because it bogs down so badly. It acts exactly like its out of gas when its full, no issues on the dash, temp is fine. spark plug looked fine, new fuel filter, fixed the small crack the airbox had, no leaks from anywhere, oil is fine, coolant level hasnt changed at all. Just suddenly, half way through a ride it was unable to accelerate properly and only got worse and worse until this point I cant even ride it now its so bad.

It starts fine, it idles ok but it isnt as even as it used to be, If i hop on the bike and try to give it throttle it bogs like crazy like its not getting any fuel but I cant find anything wrong with it.

1JZSupra

Country flag
I have a first gen and everything you are describing is exactly how this engine reacts when it doesn't have enough fuel. I have a lot of engine related mods and experienced what you are describing until I got the fueling right. When was the last time you did valve checks? you might have told me before.

I have a first gen and everything you are describing is exactly how this engine reacts when it doesn't have enough fuel. I have a lot of engine related mods and experienced what you are describing until I got the fueling right. When was the last time you did valve checks? you might have told me before.
I'm certain its lean but I need to figure out what this issue is before I get a fuel x. My bike wouldn't work perfectly for years then suddenly out of the blue it becomes unusable because its lean, something is wrong with it and it needs to be fixed but I can't figure out what it is.

I have not got the vales checked because my bike only has 7,100 miles on it. It isn't required until 10,000 miles.

So I did the KTM ECU reset an oddly enough there was quite an improvement after. It didn't fix the issue but its almost rideable in the higher gears. I did notice at the 5 min mark of letting it idle the idle went from jumpy to much more even and steady. I'm thinking maybe something was clogged and it freed up during the idle.

It makes me think maybe some fuel injection cleaner would be the fix because the sudden change makes me think the injectors might just be clogged. Everything else works as it should, temps are fine, fan kicks on, rpm is stable, no odd popping or back firing. This is a very weird problem but maybe this will do the trick.