2017 RC 390 wheel turns on stand with clutch pulled in

naveed

My RC 390 rear wheel moves while on stand and in gear with clutch pulled in. The bike is also very heavy to move when it’s off, in gear even with clutch pulled in. My mechanic said that turning wheel with clutch pulled in is normal. I wanted to check if it’s normal and if not what could be the problem? Is it just clutch cable adjustment?

I just changed shift detent arm to Factory Pro to make downshifting smoother.

Andy

Country flag
You do get some movement.

Did you take out the clutch plates, if so did they go back in correct order?

When you removed the side cover did you note the position of the clutch cable/angle crank (don’t think those are official terms), also the pin inside the crank doesn’t always engage the push rod so check that as well.

On the positive side enjoy the shift arm, it don’t half make a change!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

naveed

Thanks Andy! I didn’t removed it myself; my mechanic installed the shift arm. I don’t think he removed the clutch plates, I guess I would know by the hours they charged me :). I am suspecting that the issue might be with the clutch cable adjustments on the engine side.

Andy

Country flag
Quite possibly, when I did mine I took pictures as I went ensuring the angle crank and spring went back to the same position. When I put everything back I followed the pictures and didn’t even need to adjust anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk