Andreani cartridge settings

streetfighter

Hi

What are the Andreani factory recommended compression and rebound setting for the RC390 cartridge kit? (I.e. How many turns from the CW bottom first, then turn CCW).
I am also curious about your settings used at Chuckwallas or any other tracks too.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
You may as well ask everyone what their favorite color is. Suspension setup is going to vary greatly based on rider weight, riding style, and suspension setup preference. You need to find a local competent suspension tech to help you with finding what works for you and your preferred riding style. There are as many ways to find initial settings to start from as there are suspension techs. I tend to prefer starting somewhere in the middle range, and working from there, to find a happy setup point quickly. To do this tho, you have to know how to tell if you need to adjust preload, compression, rebound, oil viscosity, oil height, and/or springs. Also, almost every setting has some varying degree of feedback on other settings. If you installed your kit, but don't know how to establish your baseline settings, then you are up for a heck of a rough time I'm afraid. It's drinking from the firehose of motorcycle suspension theory. Translating that into "turn this setting another 1/8th turn" is a lifetime of experience and various setups for a wide range of differing riders and bikes. Doing it without that experience, is... ... ... ... tricky. You're best to find your local suspension track side support crew. They can help you get setup much faster than you ever could by yourself, or by asking for settings here. There are just FAR too many variables to give you a realistic answer. One the plus side, you get to learn a lot more about suspension. The downside is now you HAVE to learn a lot more about suspension. :) Heh.

streetfighter

I found its Standard Setup up in the installation manual:
Compression 2 turns (From fully closed to open) Rebound 2 turns (From fully closed to open) Springs preload 4 turns (from fully open to close)

Not sure it's aim for race or street use, but will start adjusting from there on the track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

streetfighter

You may as well ask everyone what their favorite color is. Suspension setup is going to vary greatly based on rider weight, riding style, and suspension setup preference. You need to find a local competent suspension tech to help you with finding what works for you and your preferred riding style. There are as many ways to find initial settings to start from as there are suspension techs. I tend to prefer starting somewhere in the middle range, and working from there, to find a happy setup point quickly. To do this tho, you have to know how to tell if you need to adjust preload, compression, rebound, oil viscosity, oil height, and/or springs. Also, almost every setting has some varying degree of feedback on other settings. If you installed your kit, but don't know how to establish your baseline settings, then you are up for a heck of a rough time I'm afraid. It's drinking from the firehose of motorcycle suspension theory. Translating that into "turn this setting another 1/8th turn" is a lifetime of experience and various setups for a wide range of differing riders and bikes. Doing it without that experience, is... ... ... ... tricky. You're best to find your local suspension track side support crew. They can help you get setup much faster than you ever could by yourself, or by asking for settings here. There are just FAR too many variables to give you a realistic answer. One the plus side, you get to learn a lot more about suspension. The downside is now you HAVE to learn a lot more about suspension. :) Heh.

If I could find a track side expert then yes I would. Problem is there isn't anyone around here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
If I could find a track side expert then yes I would. Problem is there isn't anyone around here

Sure there is. You just don't know who they are. There's one in EVERY major city. Maybe you might have to travel a small amount of distance to reach them, but there is one. :) I don't know where you live, so I can't point out potential resources... but I've yet to ever come across any major city that didn't have a bricks and mortar store that specializes in bike suspension.

HardRacing

Supporting Vendor
Country flag
Hi

What are the Andreani factory recommended compression and rebound setting for the RC390 cartridge kit? (I.e. How many turns from the CW bottom first, then turn CCW).
I am also curious about your settings used at Chuckwallas or any other tracks too.

Generally speaking, both Andreani and Ohlins set their suspension in the middle of the range, so you have full adjustability both ways.

It's always good to start in the middle and make small adjustments. And even more important only adjust one setting at a time... ie (compression or rebound)... so you know what's working and what isn't.

Spring rates and sag is all mathematical. But Valving is truly personal preference.