Anyone considering a high mounted exhaust?

Rocketracer11

Not a fan...they need to take 4-6 inches out of the mid tubing and abandon their mount bracket all together... Mount it high to the tube frame... In my opinion

emeglasson

I like it from the point of not having to worry about it dragging at the track, as most others tend to. But this puts the weight higher, which isn't great, and it seems to run the exhaust closer to the rear shock, for a longer length of pipe, which definitely isn't good.

onethump

I like it from the point of not having to worry about it dragging at the track, as most others tend to. But this puts the weight higher, which isn't great, and it seems to run the exhaust closer to the rear shock, for a longer length of pipe, which definitely isn't good.

This. Someone needs to figure out a new route for the exhaust. After I go for even a short ride if i feel the rear spring it feels very hot which means the oil inside is probably really hot and not as effective as it should be. Aftermarket rear shock has the reservoir on the outside which might help.

RoninJames

also for non track use the position of the high mount exhausts that go undertail would interfere with any kind of fender eliminator.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
This. Someone needs to figure out a new route for the exhaust. After I go for even a short ride if i feel the rear spring it feels very hot which means the oil inside is probably really hot and not as effective as it should be. Aftermarket rear shock has the reservoir on the outside which might help.

I'm scheduled for testing my exhaust design on the dyno on Wednesday which will utilize the stock location. My intent is to ceramic coat it so that heat is better transfered away from the shock while maintaining the stock location so there's no chance of dragging while on the track and maintaining the sleek stock look of the hidden exhaust. The thread for it being discussed is here: http://www.rc390-forum.com/forum/engine-and-technical-discussion/395-exhaust-development.html

After I finish dyno testing I will be able to finalize the exact design and start production. My intent is to be able to deliver the production exhaust about the same time the Power Commander V becomes available (currently slated for around late July) so people will also be able to remap their ECU to take full advantage of the upgraded exhaust. :)