anyone using rothweiller fairing stay and tyga nose?

EdL

I'm having a hell of a time with it. Nothing lines up ... and I don't think the problem is with rothweiller ... anyone got any tips for me?

isaac_

Subbed. I just ordered both of these parts thinking they would be compatible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green_bread

Country flag
I am using the Rottweiler MFS and the Tyga nose fairing. I had no issues with alignment between these parts. The Rottweiler piece actually accepts the Tyga nose better than then stock fairing stay did.The Tyga nose fairing only mounts up to the Rottweiler MFS using 1 bolt on either side of the windscreen for me. The other mounting points on the side of the MFS are for the side fairings. Where are you having issues with the mounting points?

EdL

hmm let me take some pics when I get home. Makes me feel better since if you have it working, then there is hope for me ...

EdL

Sorry been extremely busy.
Well, I managed to make it work by using some brute force and zip ties. So it's not a big deal anymore but it's just bugging me that when it works for you guys and I can't figure out what I did wrong.
I'm going to show you guys what it looks like on my bike anyway.
First photo is the rottweiler fairing say installed. Second and third photo shows that stock fairing indeed lines up with all 6 holes. Now I realize the tyga nose was pulled together a bit by installing the windshield, so the mirror hole is off by a bit which can be fixed by brute force. But the lower mounting holes ... how do you guys line it up?! I'm defeated.

20170402_153737.jpg20170402_153757.jpg20170402_153812.jpg20170402_153955.jpg20170402_154038.jpg20170402_155144.jpg20170402_155224.jpg

green_bread

Country flag
Still having difficulties seeing which holes arent lining up for you. You do have to kind of "force" the holes to line up, but thats what you get with cheap fiberglass. Im also not using ALL of the holes for fasteners, either. I use the three on the side fairing and the screw that connects the very tip of the side fairing to the nose. This is plenty sturdy and makes it nice and easy/quick to remove if I need to pull one of the sides off at the track.

Similar to Green Bread I don't use every faster hole. The only one I don't use is the one you have zip tied in the second to last photo. Like stated in the previous post some force is needed especially after the windscreen is installed. I would recommend trying to fasten to the faring stay first then bolting the side panels to the frame last. This should help as the side panel can take more force without breaking. Once everything is bolted up leave it be for a week or so to let the front fairing and side panels adjust. I have had similar issues switching out the stock side panels as every bike is a little different. Looks good to me though.

I thought it was obvious ... but here's one of the pic.
View attachment 3726
These are not supposed to line up. There is a small phillips screw on the tip of the side fairing that hold the inner and outer panels together. remove the screw before installing the side panel. After installation of the side panel you will reinsert the phillips screw through that hole in the new front fairing. I can take a picture of mine this afternoon if this doesn't help.

green_bread

Country flag
snaggletooth hit the nail on the head! The front hole you have circled there is the "screw that connects the very tip of the side fairing to the nose" that I was talking about.

In the image below, you had a fastener through the side panel and in to the fairing stay in the right spot, so I assumed you had figured that part out... haha.

VsLLASF.jpg