Brake Pads & its hardware (rear brake pad)

rideontt

Country flag
Rear brake pad blog.jpeg. Rear Sintered Brake pads from
EBC (part No; Fa213HH) lasted about
29072km (18068 miles)
I am sure there are others who have done similar & or more.
switched to these from OEM pads worked about 55242kms (34325miles)

the OEM pads were insufficient overall compared to the sintered from EBC (#fa213HH).
OEm's were there just barely (my view)to do enough to stop when below 35kmph (20mph) speed (only using the rear brake)

I use both front and rear to slow and stop the motorcycle, the OEM pads (organic) were simply a recipe: not enough for the motorcycle

above was possible to make it work with proper feel and feedback by cleaning the rear brake pads every 7k-10000Km (4k-6200miles) & at times earlier also. (DIY)

Sintered ones have a lot more feel from the pedal and also give confidence that the motorcycle will stop in time, they are aggressive on the Disk (that's one thing)
so the disk would require replacing once in 38,000 kms (23000 miles) or earlier when the motorcycle is kept for a long time ;) & not sold

Last edited:

rideontt

Country flag
Since having the motorcycle the rear brake pad assembly hardware (metal spring clips) that hold the pad end on the bracket is not available as a spare. there are new banjo bolts, bleed nipple and copper crush washers for the rear calliper available.

so I had to pick this part from total loss models :confused:

also
one part that sits on top (inside of the rear caliper) i picked from another Brand (Shown in the picture below)

brake spring clip .jpeg
yeah from Honda (43108KYJ711) it suits Gen 1 KTM
also after installing this when rear brakes are applied that rickety rackety sound when ABS engages when wheels are almost getting locked has reduced (will reconfirm this later)
brakes do give a strong STOping feel🌝 for now I have to use my foot less deliberate manner so that I do not over-slow just with the rear brake (more on this later)

brake pads being used isbrake pad DP.jpeg

DP brake pads SDP type 622MX yep these new thingy are the real bomb work like a charm & I prepare the disk surface every time new brake pads are installed lot more effective than EBC HH's these (DP: SDP type) are a step (friction level) more aggressive stopping pooowwwwaaaarrr than HH brake pads

Last edited: