Andy

Country flag
Has anyone fitted the Tyga captive spacers, are they easy to install?

Any tips/advice would be much appreciated.

green_bread

Country flag
I havent fitted them, but they shouldnt really be any different than the fitment of normal spacers... maybe a little more force to get them in there, but thats it.

These are super easy to install. Basically they are a spacer with a "lip" on what is normally a smooth edge. That tucks under the rubber dust seal in the wheel and holds it in place.

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
As noted by others. Yes, they are a piece of cake to install and easier to use. I put them on the mule just to make getting the rear wheel easier.

At the same time I also did the optional replacement of the utter garbage for bearings the wheel came with. Mileage even went up something like 2mpg (or whatever the liters to miles that worked out as) from ditching those damned bearings. I recognize that the bearings swap is a little trickier and requires some hijinx if one doesn't already have a bearing puller and a press which not everyone may have or have easy access to.

To do just the captured wheel spacers tho, and not the bearings, is completely a piece of cake tho.

Andy

Country flag
Thanks, I've got the kit with bearings, seals and spacers. Is a puller and press essential in fitting those additional components?

The amount of time I've spent chasing a bearing around a wheel with a hammer to ultimately fail in my quest....

Have the right equipment or have a shop do it haha.

isaac_

Pressing a bearing in is not the problem... it’s pulling one out when both are in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Pressing a bearing in is not the problem... it’s pulling one out when both are in!

Wait, you mean I'm NOT supposed to remove them by just dropping an M80 in between them???! Next you're going to tell me that the Illuminati doesn't really take their marching orders from Elvis as they rule our flat Earth from Nibiru!!!!