Case savers

isaac_

Last season took a spill that ground down the LHS engine case.

What are you guys using on 2016 models for case savers?

m3hl

Country flag
T-rex. They make very reasonably priced kits, fit great, amazing customer service. Havent had a chance to test them yet but ive heard good things.

nail_bomb

Hi, I use the rg racing kit on my track bike, they are bsb [british super bike race series] and ama approved, they are a doddle to fit and all mounting hardware and instructions are in the box, you don’t need to drain any fluids or replace gaskets, just simply remove four bolts and fit over existing cases, I’ve just posted up a more detailed account on my track bike build blog here moto390blogspot.com if that’s any help?

green_bread

Country flag
I use the R&G. I didnt like the design of the TRex since it doesnt cover the entire engine case. With an actual race belly, that leaves the entire bottom side of the cover exposed on the RHS.

isaac_

I thought I tried the T-Rex and R&G but could not get them to fit on the 2016. I think the LHS case is slightly different than the 2014/2015 versions. Can you guys confirm fit on a 2016?

nail_bomb

Hi issac, the part number for the ‘16 model is KEC0095BK, on the r+g site they say this is ‘ two piece engine cover kit for ktm ‘16 duke and ktm rc390 ‘16 models ‘ hope this helps, tim.

green_bread

Country flag
The LHS case cover is different on the 16, I believe. The little square piece that hangs down is in a different location.