CHAD,KTM, and ME

Wa2fst

Country flag
So after calling Chad about buying a PCV and his maps and what I was about to do with my bike (Yosh, AIrbox mod, PCV, Akra Map) he talked me through his thought process his maps and his honest opinion of most likely needing to tune the bike to those specifics. Well after we talked a bit and discussed my possible tuners and options I decided that I would actually just take the bike to him. I am in Michigan he is in Kentucky. But this past weekend I would be in Ohio for thanksgiving only a few hours from him. Well the day after I headed down to his shop. First thing about that place Ive never been in a shop as clean as his. I could have eaten off the floor (even though he said it was a mess). He gave me a quick rundown of his shop and let me tell you Ive also never been to a dealership that has put in that much effort, setup, and tooling in one location. Chad's shop lives and breathes motorcycles, the motorcycle community and screams let me make your ride better than ever!
I have never even seen a Dyno cell that seemed was so state of the art that rivaled Air Force Hush Houses where I used to run F-15s in. Everyone from the Parts counter to the salesman (I think was the owner) was top notch. The type of place you would want to go and hang out and talk shop. When we came back to pick up the bike Chad was so methodical with the bike! Bone stock run, exhaust run and so on. He wanted to know every gain/loss/productive outcome of the bike to find every possible gain or sweet spot for the bike. This was not your typical Tuner guy who was going to do a handful of pulls smooth out the curve and give it back. When he was all done he showed my graph did a layover graph of other set ups to include his engine kit. not only does he take the bike from something to something better he is able to walk and talk you through it so there isn't anything being hidden and you walk away knowing exactly what happened.

To add a little more to this day of mine I drove IDK how far away up the road to get gas. I was near a motorcross track/trails because every truck had dirtbikes on them. As I'm pumping gas this guy ask me how I liked my bike and I was telling I am digging it and just had it tuned up.. 1st thing out of this guys mouth was Chad down at Common Wealth? I said yea it was. He said that guy is a gold mine in Louisville and there is no one better. If chad has touched it you got the best! That shop of his is 2nd to none! I walked away from the shop with a great piece of mind but after that small convo I was rest assured I was well taken care of.

Its worth the drive and Chad is an enthusiast and that is more than I can say about most dealership service dept.

Muckabucka

Country flag
Great write up on Mr. Wells and Commonwealth. I've been there twice now, and really like the vibe of the place, and Chad is awesome to deal with. I'm sure I'll be back soon enough! :)

Bagwell

Country flag
I wish I lived closer, I could do some more business with them. Its great to hear that there are folks still operating businesses like this. Thanks Chad and Common Wealth!

Wa2fst

Country flag
Road trips still exist. IM 6hrs away but because I was in OH I was 3.5. I know still closer than you. but The Americana dream is still to load up and head out.

Wa2fst

Country flag
I will get my graph and post up tomorrow its all still packed away but top end was a almost a few ponies.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Wa2fst thanks for sharing your experience with everyone! I'm pretty anal about the shop :) AND quality of work/tuning. We strive very hard to be the best we can be. Unfortunately these days there are a lot of big box just pushing units dealership wise with not much else to offer. Tuesday or Wednesday I should have my complete write up and dyno data on the Yosh system done for you guys. I'm sure everyone is chomping at the bit to see "actual" data off it! Turned out nice. Thanks to the rest for the positive notes.