Cup Bike parts pricing

micahpearlman

Hi All,

Picked up an RC390 brochure from my local dealer the other day. In the back of it are a couple of pages with pricing for the unique Cup Bike parts. You can find the complete brochure here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/10430020@N08/sets/72157651950477047/

Below are the two relevant pages:

View attachment 305 View attachment 306

TZMike

Buying a cup bike vs. building your own definitely seems cheaper by a couple grand OTD. I was looking at a cup bike at the AFM races last Sunday and some things that it comes with seem rather poor, like the brake/clutch guards seem absolutely useless (they are flexible plastic), rear sets seem a bit cheap (have a lot of flexible plastic), and I was told the Cup bike suspension really isn't that good. The kid racing it (Josh?) was doing some pretty fast lap times though 1:53-54 (that's off my own stop watch).

guzz46

As usual, someone's making a big profit here in NZ, over here the powerparts brake lever costs $268 US dollars, we're getting ripped off down here.

mr-fabricator

As usual, someone's making a big profit here in NZ, over here the powerparts brake lever costs $268 US dollars, we're getting ripped off down here.

I second that , rearsets i was quoted 650aud ! I live 20 mins from the Oz ktm importer , and the dealership i bought the RC from is 3 k's from the importer , have dropped many hints that im the only one racing the RC And the only one on track so perhaps cut me 10% and get me in more races to promote the brand . Not interested , hense why i have virtually nill ktm parts on the bike , i make my own or source alternatives .

Rant over .

Regards lee

TZMike

Buying a cup bike vs. building your own definitely seems cheaper by a couple grand OTD. I was looking at a cup bike at the AFM races last Sunday and some things that it comes with seem rather poor, like the brake/clutch guards seem absolutely useless (they are flexible plastic), rear sets seem a bit cheap (have a lot of flexible plastic), and I was told the Cup bike suspension really isn't that good. The kid racing it (Josh?) was doing some pretty fast lap times though 1:53-54 (that's off my own stop watch).

there were 3 Cup bikes at that AFM event. Not sure Josh did those times on his Cup bike, but he was riding well. Was talking to his Dad just a couple of hours ago. The bike needs springs. Not sure who the installed springs were meant for but they were wrong for all 3 bike's riders.

Other than the forks, shock and exhaust these bits don't seem too expensive to me. Well, maybe the rearsets too :(

I suspect the suspension will be fine once dialed in for the individual rider.

TZMike

Ausracer

I'm with you. Parts here are through the roof. So I make what I can and source the rest OS. Unfortunately there is no race interest in this bike in Aus. It was listed for the national titles in the production class rules for the 2015 season but the national body put a pen stroke through it and ruled it out. So I'm stripping every thing it doesn't need and going to try and make it competitive in other classes (Single and Bears). Anyone looking for road standard parts let me know. Cheers

mr-fabricator

Same boat here in WA except when they finally do let the rc race in proddys ( 2 years probably ) it will no doubt be over east and WA follow a year or 2 later !!! My only option is to go racing with the historic club , they have a class called moderns but its 600 cc and above only, to my last option in their thunder bike class , any single and twin . Dicati 1199 race in this class ,

Sucks to be me sometimes ha ha

Rega t ds lee

Ryanthegreat1

How is the RC8 throttle housing different?

Looks like the RC8 is a push pull cable setup where the RC390 is just a pull. Hmmmm....

Last edited:

ToraTora

Country flag
Good Gear All The Time

Oh cool. I went to Scuderia today. They had one left, and the poster too. Why did they use a photo of a kid riding in jeans and tennis shoes? And then they say "Ready to Race." Like anyone with a brain would race a moto in tennis shoes. :p

I mean it's not like they don't have photos of riders wearing decent gear. Other than that though it's a fun catalogue. Glad to see they are giving this bike every chance to do well in the States. :)

bike-21.jpg