Dead battery

Chris

I haven't been able to ride in over 2 months because of work and various other things. Today I went out and tried to start the bike. The cluster came on and everything seemed fine. When I hit the start button I heard some noise near the battery (starter)? But the bike would not start.

Now I am looking for a charger/ battery tender. I have been looking on Battery Chargers / Tenders - RevZilla but there are options for 6 or 12 volt. What volt is the rc 390? What charger do you recommend. I'm new to electronics and mostly bikes for that matter.

Thanks, Chris

Diploman

If you are going to keep your stock lead-acid battery, then you will want to put the battery on a trickle charger whenever the bike will be sitting for an extended period. A 12V Battery Tender is a good choice. It comes with a charging lead that can be attached directly to the battery terminals and left on the bike, so that hooking up the charger is easy and quick.

Alternatively, you could switch to a lithium battery (eg. AntiGravity) and save about 6 pounds over stock, as well as freeing up useful space in the battery compartment (for a fuel controller, etc.). A lithium battery will require a dedicated charger - the Battery Tender type intended for lead-acid batteries will not work properly. A lithium battery will hold a charge much longer than a lead-acid unit. A useful, but strictly optional, upgrade.