Developing new exhaust

Formula390

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Just as an FYI for the group... I've been working on developing a new exhaust which will ditch that huge stock 5.2kg boat anchor of a muffler and replace it with a new muffler which will still fit into the stock location. This primarily means no huge can hanging off to the side of the bike to potentially be damaged in a crash... so racers as well as street riders should love that... as well as maintaining the stock look... if not the stock sound. ;)

I've got a few miles left to do on the bike before I finish off the initial motor break in, but am somewhat delayed waiting on the oil filters to arrive at the dealership before we can put it on the dyno to start testing the various new exhaust designs... so far there are 12 different configurations we'll be testing. I'm hoping to have some dyno numbers and photos to share in the next two weeks. In the meanwhile I'm spending my days in the shop... shearing and cutting, rolling sheet metal, and TIG welding like crazy, getting everything ready for the dyno testing.

On the plus side, the gaskets for the case covers FINALLY arrived, so development of the heavy duty case covers is FINALLY moving forward too!

I'll keep folks updated as things progress, but with seeing folks talking about the various issues they are having with the stock, Akrapovik, and Arrow exhausts, I wanted to let others know I should have another option available, and hopefully pretty soon.

- Matt @ Formula390
Formula390