ECU / Engine control mods

micahpearlman

Is tuning the factory ECM not an option for this bike? Or maybe just not an option yet.

As I understand it you need the KTM flashing tool and I believe you can only install KTM maps, not modify the onboard map. CJWell likely knows exactly.

Hacking, the factory ECU does not seem to be an option as it appears to be locked down. You can get OBDII output but there are no "public" options todo an OBDII write to the ECU.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
As I understand it you need the KTM flashing tool and I believe you can only install KTM maps, not modify the onboard map. CJWell likely knows exactly.

Hacking, the factory ECU does not seem to be an option as it appears to be locked down. You can get OBDII output but there are no "public" options todo an OBDII write to the ECU.

Yes you need XC1 tool to flash ktm maps. There is a little adjust but not in terms of real tuning or what's needed to be done. All ecu's are 'locked' just depends on how many "keys" you need to unlock lol

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
I'm not a fan of piggy backs either but at moment its the best option PCV speaking. The user setting tool for rc8rs was worthless, so I cant imagine the 390 being any better, AND the cup bikes (moto Amer) you can't touch or do ANYTHING with anyway so probably no demand in their eyes.

Fasteddy

Country flag
Does anyone know if the user setting tool works on the RC? I haven't tried it yet, seems like it is exactly what everyone is requesting.

No it does not, tried this weekend and it is only for the Keihin system, not the Bosch which is unique to the BAJAJ made bikes.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
DAMN, is all I can say about being able to finally "tune" one of these things. Will post some pics of install and Dyno results tomorrow in our section. Also the official ETA from dynojet on the Pcv is mid/late July. Sorry, I'm just the messenger don't shoot me! But I can tell you it is worth the wait. It makes the 390 VEEERRRRRYYYY happy :)!!!!

Ryanthegreat1

Green with jealousy over here. Especially after seeing and feeling how lean these bikes are tuned and how easy it is to give them more air.

cjwell

Supporting Vendor
Vendor
Country flag
Green with jealousy over here. Especially after seeing and feeling how lean these bikes are tuned and how easy it is to give them more air.

I can only imagine.... Someone has to "test" it lol. Yes with the k&n filter, lid modified, and tuned, it SHINES A LOT... the closed loop and map sensor transition is all fixed and proper now too. What a transformation it has made. Like WOW.

Ryanthegreat1

Curious to see the dyno graphs before and after with air fuel ratio. Also fuel economy. 115 mile range is rather limiting for a street bike.

micahpearlman

I can only imagine.... Someone has to "test" it lol. Yes with the k&n filter, lid modified, and tuned, it SHINES A LOT... the closed loop and map sensor transition is all fixed and proper now too. What a transformation it has made. Like WOW.

Any hints on the tune needed for the RPMs above closed loop? I have the PowerTRONIC (will be trading in for the PCV) and the map installed leans it out on top and puts in a few degrees more advance, which may or may not be the correct direction.

Current state:

* Stock air box and snorkel with K&N.
* Akropovic with the baffle still in (I may just yank it out if I have time).
* 93 pump currently (will be switching to 100 unleaded).

I understand if the information is proprietary but just a hint so I'm not blowing it up. I've been running a TD3 in AHRMA and AFM vintage and getting tired of blowing things up.

s30series

Any hints on the tune needed for the RPMs above closed loop? I have the PowerTRONIC (will be trading in for the PCV) and the map installed leans it out on top and puts in a few degrees more advance, which may or may not be the correct direction.

Current state:

* Stock air box and snorkel with K&N.
* Akropovic with the baffle still in (I may just yank it out if I have time).
* 93 pump currently (will be switching to 100 unleaded).

I understand if the information is proprietary but just a hint so I'm not blowing it up. I've been running a TD3 in AHRMA and AFM vintage and getting tired of blowing things up.

Im also interested in a response to this question.

mr-fabricator

My power dynamics is way rich at the top end and WOT , showing 11 on the afr ... was going to stick it on the dyno and tune but its so close to getting the PCV . And most shops are very used to the PCV for future tweeks ..

Good work Chad BTW

Regards lee

micahpearlman

Im also interested in a response to this question.

Chad was kind enough to PM me directly with some advice. I have to say he is quite a great vendor and forum sponsor taking the time to respond and share his knowledge to a nervous racer (I have my first race on the bike this weekend and I always get insanely tweaky before a race).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dobr

Hmm interesting about the closed loop portion of the Bazzaz. I thought that the AFM module let you adjust that portion? But I do see that they don't list the compatible Module on their website anyway. I'm kind of old school and prefer a good dynotune anyway. Then just lock the map in and go with it.