Engine loses all power when in gear.

Schmidtster

Country flag
Hi everyone,
I have a 2018 RC390 and it broke down bad the other day.
The thing starts like it was new, I can rev it to the moon in neutral but if you hold the throttle at a constant position the engine revs up and down and oscillates with a range of about 3000rpm.
Putting the bike into gear and slowly letting the clutch out at about 7000rpm causes the bike to stall. When you do get it going (usually have to try 4 or 5 times) the bike has random surges of power between bouts of completely being unresponsive to throttle inputs. It’s so bad that you can hold the throttle wide open in first gear and the bike just lurches constantly with the RPMs not reaching much above idle. At the moment it’s completely unridable. It does this in all gears at all RPM and all speeds (if you can get to speed)
At first I thought it was the clutch slipping but if that was the case, the bike should be revving really high. My thoughts are either clogged fuel filter, bad injector, bad spark plug, bad ignition coil or something transmission related. With that said, I would love some input as to what the problem could be. Has anyone experienced anything similar to this? And if so what did you do to remedy it?